Need graphic help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSpook

Reaction score
I am talented at many things, graphics not being one of them. I am trying to find a way to merge ideas from the following pictures of my backyard, but I have no idea how to create them in a graphics program and blend them together.

My idea was to have the gate with the pillars on each side and a hop vine that looks like the wisteria tree draping over the top. This would leave a space on the gate for label information and the brewery information over the top or at the top of the gate.

"South Addison Brewing Company"

Can anyone help with this? I can pay in beer - homebrew and/or local Virginia/East Coast beers.

gate.jpg

wisteria.jpg

Can anyone recommend a shareware graphic program to play around with this idea?

I know a lot of people use GIMP...it apparently is a very powerful program. I don't have any other info except there is a freeware version available. search on the web and I'm sure you'll find it.

Good luck!

Gimp and Inkscape used in conjunction can be very powerful tools to create decent labels. I like inkscape more, it is easier to use, but Gimp has its place. Inkscape is to illustrator, and Gimp is to photoshop.

They are both free to download as open source programs. There is a learning curve to them, but there are tons of great tutorials online.

Check out this thread to see what I created using both Gimp and Inkscape together.

Back