What would cause a beer to taste like feet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmilton1987

Reaction score
I enjoy the beer, but it tastes like feet. It is a simple amber and all the equip used on it was used before this batch and after with no ill tasting effects. I am puzzled the only thing that was different was that it used gelatin to clean it up which worked great but it has a nice taste of an amber with a foot in the glass.

normally about 3 pints of apfelwine while brewing. It was a friends homebrew and since we did a batch at his place yesterday I had some and then we did a batch at my place today so I had it after i forgot to buy beer for the night in mke u cannot purchase after 9pm

Maybe you're tasting vinegar? I've noticed vinegar smells a lot like feet. But I couldn't really say without smelling/tasting it myself.

I have a pretty good idea what vinegar tastes like and it is not this. This is like funky like lick between the toes feet and not like vinegar. I think it would go well with some really funky soft cheese, sadly tho I just finished the last bottle as we only found 2 of them yesterday and I had one then and one tonight.

Latest posts

Back