Visiting San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhubert

Reaction score
Can anyone throw out some great family (son 8ys; daughter 13yrs) sites and activites. Also maybe some possible breweries that would be worth visiting.
We will be there for all of next week visting family in Carlsbad, looking for some beer and non-beer related stuff to do.

Can't go wrong with Stone, and Pizza port. As for sights to see. Sorry I can't be of much help there.

sea world, the zoo, Balboa park, the Rueben H Fleet Science center would be great for them. you could take a tour of the USS midway as well. walking around coronado is always fun. so is checking out the hotel del. since you'll be in Carlsbad Lego Land might be good the the 8 year old. Pizza Port (very family friendly) and Stone (maybe keep that for just you and the missus) are musts. you're pretty close to both of them in Carlsbad. Ballast point (the home brew mart) is really cool and they have a great beer sampling bar. Green Flash would be another brewery to check out. you can't go wrong with checking out seaport village as well. a harbor tour might be fun for everyone as well so you can check out all the navy ships on 32nd street.

there is literally tons of stuff to do down here and most of it is family friendly.

Stone is great, and normally I'd recommend it, but I'm not sure how well that'd go over with kids.

Pizza Port, Legoland & Stone are pretty much the north county standards. Green Flash in Vista is also worth a look, and be sure to plan a day for the beach (it's pretty decent year-round). If you're big on nature stuff, try a hike up Iron Mountain or around Torrey Pines Reserve. :mug:

I had a bad experience at stone, but Ballast Point was real nice. I would stop by there and Lost Abbey.

We only did Sea World when we were there, well, that and the beach.

Back