Never out cook your mother in-law.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, My first cooking show was Wok with Yan on channel 9 out of Canada, I made my mom take me down to a chinese market and buy me a wok.

Its funny you mention that i remember about 2 months ago when i was at my girlfriends house in Toronto i was just channel surfing and she was starting on breakfeast and that was on. i had never seen it and from that point on we started making jokes about it.

but yea to get back to the topic i abosolutly love how my lady and I cook together and pick out a wine at the LCBO or maybe if shes in the mood we will have some homebrew, she likes the stout best I on the other hand cant pick i love all the creations I make.

+1000 on brining the turkey.

Couple years ago, me and my wife (ex now...) decide to do our first Thanksgiving for the family. To add to the stress, our daughter was about 3 weeks old on turkey day.

I found out about brining turkeys and how to make real gravy from Alton Brown on "Good Eats" (he even did an episode on homebrew!), so I did those things. My mom was hovering around the whole day nervously asking me if I remembered to take out the giblets from the bird, and cooking 101 stuff like that.

Fast forward to the end of the awesome meal, where my Granddad pronounces my brined bird to be the BEST HE'S EVER HAD and shames my own poor mother's technique.

Now, everyone in my family uses that brine technique.

Back