Oxygen cleaner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkringii

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i know we can use oxi-clean but does anyone have any experience with this product?

IMAG0318.jpg

well i was and still am concerned.. because on ox-clean says that its chlorine free and so on but couldnt find anything on the packaging on this brand about that.. i just dont want any damage to my plastic carboys and kegs and such

Yep. You're fine with any unscented oxy clean out there.
I don't know if a scented version would cause you any real problems but I wouldn't use it.

Id have to recheck if it was sented or not.. but i was gunna grab oxi clean then saw this and at 3x the ammount for half the price i figured i would check it out with some help

Thanks

I'm curious to see if you think it effects your brew in any way. I saw that too and went with the oxi clean anyways. Let em know once you've cleaned with it and brewed following

I use that brand and have not had any adverse effects on my brews. I often fill my better bottle with it and forget about it for a week or two until I brew next. Never had any off smells or discoloration of the bottles.

Back