Turkey Fryer Deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killinger

Reaction score
I just found a 140K BTU turkey fryer with a 30 qt SS pot at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Price?

$40.

It was marked $69 on clearance, but we got it to the register and it rang up at $39.99. I didn't complain.

It's by Lodge Outfitters (?). I can't find it online, sorry. The SS is very thin, but for $40, I'll give it a shot. It even has a flimsy little side table for parking spoons or whatever other hardware.

I also grabbed a 50 qt marine Igloo cube for mashing ($30). All-grain is coming real soon.

if anything, use that thin SS pot for a hot water tank, and get a heavier kettle for the actual boil.

Lodge makes some decent cookware. Bass Pro Shops sells a lot of there cast iron cookware. Good luck with the new gear!

That's a steal, especially if the pot is SS. My ~60k BTU fryer was like $40.

Yeah, I wasn't planning to use the SS pot as my main kettle--hot liquor only--since it's so thin. I have a 40 qt commercial pot for boiling.

I'm stoked over the deal. I'm not "allowed" to open the box yet, as it's a Hannukah gift, but I'm already shopping for my first AG batch (don't worry, I'm not opening another thread on that topic). I'm thinking Scotch Ale.

BTW, I don't think it's the same Lodge that makes cast iron cookware. I have some of that stuff, and the logos seem to be different. I'm guessing this is a Bayou classic or Masterbuilt burner rebranded. Just a guess.

Back