No one bit on my brewing class :-(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Oh well. I thought there was a market around here (as did the community education director) but we advertised a "how to brew beer" class two seasons in a row and got not one registration. Bummer.

The first time I thought she priced it out... $119 for 3 sessions. I then offered to host the location which would lower the costs.. $89 for 3 session. Nothing. hmm.

I agree with EdWort. Maybe make up some flyers and see if your LHBS will pass them out. Sorry to hear that you didn't have any signups. If I lived in Jersey, I'd go just to see your setup and shoot the bull.

Ditto on the LHBS. That's where I took my 1st AG class from a long time homebrewer. The store appreciates it as well. It was only $5 for the 2h session though and there was probably 20 of us there.

What's amazing is that their community school catalog went out about a month ago to 120,000 homes. You'd think you'd hit a couple people curious about it.

Advertising at the LHBS is problematic because they're a brew on prem. The last thing they really want is people brewing on their own.

I actually did throw out some flyers listing a $20 per person brewing seminar, not really any takers on that. I should post them down at the Rutgers campus.

You've got to hit your audience when they're captive.

There's Oktoberfest stuff happening all around the world this time; passing out flyers then might draw some interest.

Back