Farmhouse Ale Partigyle from a RIS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithww

Reaction score
This weekend I'm brewing a RIS with a 23 pound grain bill and am thinking of brewing a partigyle with the trailings and some of two row mashed in a second mash/lauter tun to give me a little more flavor depth. Anyway I picked up a tube of WLP670 American Farmhouse Blend and was hoping to do something a little funky with this beer. Other than being a little dark from the Black Patent it should be interesting. My question is what kind of hop schedule should I use, this is a real different beer for me as I have never used brett, I don't do beers under 1.060 (at least not on purpose), and I'm not sure how to do a partigyle in Beersmith.

Thanks

I just made one similar to this one https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/lets-partyyyy-gyle-pumpkin-porter-ale-one-mash-74927/. I made a 10 gallon batch which turned out to be 12 Gallon. I think if I was to do it again I'd do a smaller batch I had a hard time fitting all the grain and the pumpkin in to my Mash keggle. The porter came in at 1.094 and the ale was 1.044.

That thread had a lot of info. I'd say if you want you second runnings to be 1.060 your first runnings are gonna be in the really up there. RIS is what I'd shoot for.

Oh the one thing I didn't think about was a second boil kettle. once you have your first runnings, you'll need something to catch the seconds in. :tank:

Back