Smaller than normal bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchiest

Reaction score
I'm going to be brewing a barleywine sometime in the next month, and I'm planning on doing a three gallon batch instead of the normal five gallons. Since this beer is going to be about 10% or more ABV, I was thinking it might be nice to bottle it in slightly smaller botles. Does anyone know if there are, say, 8oz or 10oz bottles available for purchase somewhere online? I seem to recall that Anchor does their barleywine in slightly smaller bottles.

Ay ay ay! $35 after shipping for one case of those, or $100 for three cases, which would cover one batch. Dang. I'll have to see if LHBS can order those for me. Thanks for finding them though!

I use 345ml bottles which are the smallest I can find here. Anything smaller than that and you would need hundreds of them! My last batch (BeastII) took 72 of these bottles.

Well yeah, I would never use anything smaller than twelve ounces for a normal batch, but for a mega beer like this proposed barleywine, I'd like smaller doses. :D Plus this will be a smaller than normal batch.

Don't let fear stop you. I nearly put some of my BeastII (12%) into a 1500ml Grolsch bottle! That would have been good but I ended up having enough of the small bottles.

If you are ok with clear bottles, then I know Corona comes in 7oz bottles. At least they do at a couple of the stores around here.

Back