Preparing to step it up for 4th batch. Need advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whodatgeauxbrew

Reaction score
I have successfully brewed three batches of beer, using prehopped LME and standard brewing procedures. I am now ready to step up my process, including using unhopped LME or DME, boiling my own fresh hops, and using liquid yeast. Does anyone have any advice on easy recipes, ingredients, and/or procedures I should try out for my movement into the intermediate brewing?

Thanks everyone!!!

Stanton

Hey Stanton
There are several kits you can buy that have DME and LME with steeping grains. Most offer either liquid or dry yeast. When you say boil your own fresh hops do you mean the ones you grew??
ToBrew

I would acquire a recipe kit from Austin Homebrew Supply. As opposed to the Munton/Coopers kits you will get LME/DME, specialty grains, and the appropriate hops. In addition the kit comes with detailed instructions.

This should be a straightforward transition from your previous all extract batches.

Here is one that I like It is a Canadian Ale
1 Can light malt extract
2# Extra dry Malt
1/2# Cara Pils
1/2# 2 row
1 OZ willamette Boiling
1 OZ wilamette Flame out
Steep grains in 2 gal 150 degree water for 15 min add extracts and boil for 1 hr.
you can us WLP001 for liquad or use nottingham.
tobrew

read How to Brew, by John Palmer. It is worth many times more than what you will pay for it. it answers questions you don't even know you will have.

An early and free edition is online at howtobrew.com.

read How to Brew, by John Palmer. It is worth many times more than what you will pay for it. it answers questions you don't even know you will have.

An early and free edition is online at howtobrew.com.

Good plug Sullie,

Also 'Brewing Classic Styles' by Palmer.

You can follow his simply but worthy recipes throughout the text while becoming introduced, in a methodical way, to the several classic styles of beer.

Follow the link below...
50¢ Beer Kits

Back