Any Keggle Brewer Reviews??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm dreaming of upgrading from my current 5 gallon system to a brew stand system at some point. Been looking at a bunch of options. Looks like Kegglebewing.com has a new brew stand system for $2495. Has anyone purchased/used this?
http://www.kegglebrewing.com/The-Keggle-Brewer_p_173.html

Lacks the automation of the Brew Magic, but is also less than half the price!
http://www.brew-magic.com/bmindex.html

I would also consider the Brutus 10... but would probably have someone do all the welding & drilling for me. I'd be curious how much people have spent on their Brutus 10 builds "soup to nuts". Seems like it would be pretty easy to spend more than $2495 building a Brutus unless you do all the labor yourself. I don't have time to learn to weld for this project!

Also curious if anyone has built an Brutus 10 with electric heating. Weather conditions drive me indoors for my brewing for at least 4-5 months of the year, so I'm considering electric rather than propane heating.

Cheers!

I am willing to sell my rig. To get to a full stand you would need to spend about $500 more depending on what you want to do. Otherwise my system is complete, and you can definitely brew on it as is.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/perhaps-selling-my-rig-dont-panic-im-not-getting-out-hobby-142810/

I don't know about shipping, I would charge whatever the cheapest was.

That system looks really good. I can't believe they are shipping for $9??!!!!???? Can that be right?

Some cost could have been saved by not using triclovers I suppose. You would certainly be paying a premium for having it be turnkey. The plus side is that you don't have to go bargain hunting for kegs, thermos, sight glasses, etc. I would estimate the steel structure could be contracted out to a fab shop for about $400 if you're willing to clean it up and paint.

I think I have about $130 of cost in each of my kegs, but they started their life as grey market.

If you had it built and put some of the labor in, you'd probably save $800 but you wouldn't be brewing on weekend one either.

I really didn't take good notes on costs but here's my rig:
brewstandcomplete.jpg

Bed frames free.
Grinding wheels/welding rod/paint $35
Burners, pipe, fittings $150
Kegs, fittings, thermos, ball valves, sight glasses $220
Welding for the kegs $130
Pump and silicone hoses $150

Personal labor, $2000

My rig has run $2k or so... fully electric HERMS

BrewBeastcooling.JPG

That system looks really good. I can't believe they are shipping for $9??!!!!???? Can that be right?

Well... when I put it in my cart and calculate shipping to my zip code... I actually have an option to ship via USPS First Class Mail for just $0.44. I wonder if they are using "forever" stamps? ;) I'd love to see the post office figure out how to fit that into my PO Box :p

Actually, if you read through the details, it states "The first keggle brewer will ship free within the continental United States." Not sure if that means the first one each individual purchases ships free, or the first one they sell?

Jim

It looks like a nice system... would be nice to have temp. control, and maybe larger burners (55K is a little smallish IMHO).

Did you end up buying it? I just bought one, just the stand. Waiting for it to be built now. I upgraded the burners on it.

Did you end up buying it? I just bought one, just the stand. Waiting for it to be built now. I upgraded the burners on it.

Let me know how it looks. I have not ordered yet... waiting to see if Santa brings me a Christmas Bonus! I did contact Keggle and Terry was very prompt in responding and helpful in offering to upgrade the burners or modify it to meet my needs. He did confirm shipping is included. Hard to imagine beating their price considering what you get. The only thing it lacks is automation. But the large front panel would be pretty easy to modify to add automation later.

I just ordered a HLT and BK keggle from them. He's putting in extra holes for the electric heating elements, safety and temp probe. I'll let you know how well they're constructed, but based on all other reviews, they should be great. He's been very helpful in getting the extra holes drilled in the correct places.

I'm dreaming of upgrading from my current 5 gallon system to a brew stand system at some point. Been looking at a bunch of options. Looks like Kegglebewing.com has a new brew stand system for $2495. Has anyone purchased/used this?
http://www.kegglebrewing.com/The-Keggle-Brewer_p_173.html

So anyone receive a Keggle Brewer yet and have some reviews? I'm about to pull the trigger on a system and wondering about the quality of the system.

Also, shipping is no longer included in the price. I guess materials went up. But Terry from Keggle brewing has been very responsive to email inquiries. Just curious to hear from some folks who have them.

Back