Celebration of the Suds - Atlantic City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know how you go about getting a drink there? Do you buy beer form the brewers, or do you have to get it from the convention hall concession stands? Hopefully they'll give out free samples at each booth.

It's definitely not a home brew competition. It looks like they just have a VIP type thing were attendees are asked to rate the commercial beers.

Most of the folks in The Whales that have gone to the AC fest in prior years agreed it was way oversold, overpriced and crappy for a fest.

This one, just like most beerfests is a pay one price, get a tasting glass type of event. The samples are "free" after that $45 you drop.

I'm not sure if you Jersian's are aware, there are quite a few accessible fests in our area. They do one in Camden on the Battleship NJ in June. There's also Belgium comes to Cooperstown (NY), Splitrock resort (November) in Lake Harmony, PA, The Central NJ beerfest in Woodbridge, NJ in September, and they just had one in Newark for the first time at the baseball stadium.

I never claimed this was a homebrew fest, I said it is a beer festival. I don't think $45 is overpriced for unlimited beers by numerous brewers and an overall good atmosphere. Half of the alure of this festival is that it is in AC with ample access to gambling.

I was answering post #3 who asked about getting your own beer judged. I have never been to that fest and I was only passing on what I've heard from my fellow club members. I'm glad you posted this heads up.

Oh I know, just wanted to clear up for anyone who thought it was a homebrew fest from my original post. Definitely would like to check out some of the other events you mentioned, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last year i did the two Sat. sessions and it didn't start "feeling it" till the 2nd session after i had sampled Sam's Utopias. Prob goin to the early session this year. I have a friend who said that most of the brewerys are only bringing a couple 1/6th barrels of their "specialty" beers for sample.

I don't think I'm going, it's a little steep for my budget. For $40 I can sample a ****load of beer at my house ;)

Back