Parts List Request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OatStraw

Reaction score
I will start another build thread, but I am in the very early stages of making a parts list and building out how much this is actually going to cost me. The kettle conversion seems straight forward enough, but the control panel has so many different options.

I am thinking about doing the following HERMs setup.
50A Power will be available.
BCS 460 w/ no PIDs (to save money). Run the system purely from the interface.
2 Elements: 4500 for HLT 5500 for BK
2 Pumps

I want to have the ability to switch the pumps and elements on manually if something happens to the BCS.

Does anyone have a parts list or a diagram I can use. Is there a better way to do this than what I'm describing.

Check out ebrewsupply... i believe they have a kit that will do what you want with a little modification that im sure theyll help you out with

Check out ebrewsupply... i believe they have a kit that will do what you want with a little modification that im sure theyll help you out with

I am close to pulling the trigger on their 50a 2Element BCS kit, but it looks like there are still partd I need to get. I dont see any of the 50a input connections and the wiring diagram shows 10g wire for the 50a sized which seems under sized.

Has any one gotten this kit? If so what else did you have to purchase to make it
work?

If i remember correctly each 5500 watt element on a 240 system pulls about 22.9 amps which is fine with 10 gauge wiring. The to your control panel must be capable of handling the max load meaning both element running at the same time so for that you will need 6 awg

I think it need 6g to the breakers inside the control panel correct? Either way on his 50a wiring diagram there is no 6g wire.

Back