I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it was a quick kill. I had a friend who hit a deer with his truck; it was badly injured but was not killed. He had to finish the job with the only tool he had, a dull 8-lb splitting maul. He said the situation "was chock full of suck".

I'm going to do a bit of rambling and not sure where this will lead.

Believe it or not, most of my time on HBT nowadays is spent on this particular thread. Tonight after having a few glasses, maybe MORE of Cabernet Sauvignon, on an empty stomach no less.. I told myself I needed to get back out on HBT into the threads that brought me to this sight! I have been doing that all afternoon. Slow day at work.

Should I go through all them? I think not! For one thing that would be boring, for another valid reason I don't remember them all.

Eff... what was my point? Give me a virtual second.. ( love a virtual second; in real time I could continue this post 24 hours from now but by the time you read the next word it will only be separated by a comma or semi-colon)

Totally lost my train of thought trying to remember how to spell second.

As, Arnold, said.. I'll Be Back!

Should I really post this? Probably not.. It's the wine's fault officer! :(

I had to quote you before you deleted. Good stuff Dan. Get some sleep and let's spend the holiday together in this dumb forum.

I'm going to do a bit of rambling and not sure where this will lead.

Believe it or not, most of my time on HBT nowadays is spent on this particular thread. Tonight after having a few glasses, maybe MORE of Cabernet Sauvignon, on an empty stomach no less.. I told myself I needed to get back out on HBT into the threads that brought me to this sight!

Should I go through all them? I think not! For one thing that would be boring, for another valid reason I don't remember them all.

Eff... what was my point? Give me a virtual second.. ( love a virtual second; in real time I could continue this post 24 hours from now but by the time you read the next word it will only be separated by a comma or semi-colon)

Totally lost my train of thought trying to remember how to spell second.

As, Arnold, said.. I'll Be Back!

Should I really post this? Probably not.. It's the wine's fault officer! :(

Good morning all!

Ow, my head, my eyes...where are my sunglasses? I over did it last night. That's what I get for drinking wine, not beer.

I want to post a song but the only thing running through my wine soaked hung over brain is "Walkinging on Sunshhine" .. Ow! Sunlight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Dan. What drags u out of bed so darn early? Still dark here at 525 am. Maybe some rain, other than that cool for us, highs in the low 50's. Picked up some more christmas lights on sale the other day. Will get them in the trees this weekend. Hope the hang over doesn't impact ur day to long. Merry Christmas to all!

Dan went back to bed. I think he posted in his sleep this morning just out of habit.

Don't expect any early morning posts from me tomorrow. Tonight is our Christmas part with plenty-o-booze. I would just be laying on the couch tomorrow watching football anyway. I guess I may as well be hung over right?

My soda water keg kicked today. So, I pulled that out cleaned and refilled it. Then kegged my something awful.

I'm annoyed that it didn't dry out more. 1.164 to 1.12, so only 5.9% and really sweet. I'll use it as a sweetened carbonated base for mix drinks like I planned, but I'll probably mix it with some straight soda water and some distilled alcohol in the glass. In addition to the flavoring for the drink I mean.

I have to admit I'm enjoying being able to make whatever soda I want at the time. That's a lot more convenient then having a keg of one kind of soda. Here I thought the recommendation to do a keg of water was slightly nuts. I think I'll get some more of the soda stream flavoring bottles.

Good afternoon/evening.

I've been bottling a Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter and IPA for presents for my neighbor, brother and his wife and some of their family that we're going to see in a few days. I got rid of my counter pressure bottle filler a while back so it took me a while to figure out how to get it bottled but I think it went well.

My mom is coming into town tomorrow and then Monday we travel to Iowa for most of the week. Hopefully the weather will be ok.

Merry Christmas everyone.

P.S.

I'm sorry lschiavo but I had to shave. I couldn't take it anymore!

Good afternoon/evening.

I've been bottling a Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter and IPA for presents for my neighbor, brother and his wife and some of their family that we're going to see in a few days. I got rid of my counter pressure bottle filler a while back so it took me a while to figure out how to get it bottled but I think it went well.

My mom is coming into town tomorrow and then Monday we travel to Iowa for most of the week. Hopefully the weather will be ok.

Merry Christmas everyone.

P.S.

I'm sorry lschiavo but I had to shave. I couldn't take it anymore!

Doh! I thought we were in this together:( Mine is still itching. It keeps me angry. I think I like to be just a bit angry.

Have a safe and happy holiday!

Anyone know what kind on track this is?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

1387668389895.jpg

Says that video is blocked in my country...try again.

...now I'm actually concerned about where I am. Seems as though I may have slipped into an alternate universe.

LabRatBrewer said:
Anyone know what kind on track this is? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Holy moly. If you stare at it long enough the image is clear. It's the devil pushing his face through rock. Pointy chin sticking out. Bulbous nose with a spike out the right nostril, beady heavily lidded eyes.

Or maybe just a raccoon foot.

Consulting the great google, its seems the print is likely a large dog or coyote because of the nails showing. Not a clear picture, but a raccoon should have one more finger unless is a hind print. It can't be Dan, if he was that close to my home we'd be having a brew. Could be a snipe, I'm going out to look for snipes later with my son.

passedpawn said:
Looks like a raccoon print to me. Good evening late niters. Hope the ramp-up to Christmas feels like a ramp-down. Here's a little ditty for your late nite soundtrack. Rehab. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x8B6C54ggY

Wow Pulls at a fellas heart strings. Young, crazy and invincible. With humble? Regret. Life moves on.

brewingmeister said:
Says that video is blocked in my country...try again. ...now I'm actually concerned about where I am. Seems as though I may have slipped into an alternate universe.

Congrats !!! Ground control to Major tom

LabRatBrewer said:
That would be nice.

Truly would be. I know Yoop is a busy gal. Has a real great voice in the brewing community because she is well respected I PM'd her last night, I've PMd her before. She always replies s

Dan said:
Truly would be. I know Yoop is a busy gal. Has a real great voice in the brewing community because she is well respected I PM'd her last night, I've PMd her before. She always replies soon after s

It would be pretty cool to get Yoop and some of the mods in here. Passedpawn is here already. I love him like a brother

So if you got hug You would truly be surrounded by Yopper;)

I did too!

There was quite a bit of hugging. I think, due to the mass quantities of food and liquor that I might have been approaching the "I love you man" stage. I'm pretty sure I hugged everyone, some more than once or twice. :drunk:

Ask her to make an appearance on this thread. I feel slightly hurt that she hasn't.

Ah, but Dan, I don't have a smartphone or an i-thing so I only post at home on my desktop.

Which is way too often, I admit. :D

Ah, but Dan, I don't have a smartphone or an i-thing so I only post at home on my desktop.

Which is way too often, I admit. :D

Oh, yeah, and I did see lschiavo's phone tonight. He promised me that if I get a smart phone that he'll text me sometime. I am unsure that would be worth $100 a month, though. He's nice enough, but I can call him for free. :cross:

This isn't related to the current topic, and I've been sipping rum for the last hour (store bought) and I have a variation on yooper's welch's grape juice wine recipe bubbling away. It's fizzing like a freshly cracked soda... I'm new to home brew, but does anyone else just sit and watch the bubbles?

Yes I'm drunk.

Welcome aboard Yooper! You probably know some of us already. Friendly brewers! Decent folks.

On this thread, akin to most of HBT, we are a family and I'm sure glad you walked in the door!
Cheers Yoops!

CavemanDom said:
This isn't related to the current topic, and I've been sipping rum for the last hour (store bought) and I have a variation on yooper's welch's grape juice wine recipe bubbling away. It's fizzing like a freshly cracked soda... I'm new to home brew, but does anyone else just sit and watch the bubbles? Yes I'm drunk.

Yes. Watching bubbles is good for your soul... Or something like that. Welcome aboard!!

LRB, hope you're still online. I'm using a phone and for one reason or a other yhe vids you posted don't work. I'll keep trying. Crazy thing is I think I can post them.

Latest posts

Back