Mmmmmmmmm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC, thistle is pretty common in fields and is a toxic delicacy for cows.

Controlled by pesticides.

See a pattern?

In any event, it has been proven time and again that nothing harmful can exist in the presence of bacon. For this reason, I suggest wrapping your chicken livers in bacon, and you will be all set.

Maybe with a simple tomato sauce. Don't tell my grandmother (RIP grandma) but tomato sauce and adobo together go nicely!

Grandma was Sicilian. There are RULES, you see, when it comes to tomatoes, and violating them with Greek olive oil or Spanish Adobo are clear misdemeanors.

Grandma was Sicilian. There are RULES, you see, when it comes to tomatoes, and violating them with Greek olive oil or Spanish Adobo are clear violations.

AH! I bet wrong. Adobo is pretty obscure in this day and agefigured you wer taught by an abuela, but NO!!

Awesome that grandma taught you about tomato sauce.

I kind of have a tear in my eye thinking about it, but I probably watched her make "a pot'a sauce" once a week for 15 years. Mine has gotten vaguely close, but nothing like hers.

She had a very open mind (when it came to food) so she had adobo in the house to play around with, but put it in a tomato sauce? Forget it...

There is this little place in Joplin, MO that makes delicious tacos de lengua. Initially I thought "No way am I eating something's tongue.", but they are phenomenal. I'm reluctant to try it anywhere else though as I'm worried that the rest won't be as good.

There is this little place in Joplin, MO that makes delicious tacos de lengua. Initially I thought "No way am I eating something's tongue.", but they are phenomenal. I'm reluctant to try it anywhere else though as I'm worried that the rest won't be as good.

It's funny I was queasy about the Lingua. As the cabeza are delicious.

The worst lengua I had had a textural problem. The tongue had too much give, was a wee bit mushy. Still had nice flavor though.

Cabeza you just think "mmmm crispy pig meat. me gusta"

The worst lengua I had had a textural problem. The tongue had too much give, was a wee bit mushy. Still had nice flavor though.

Cabeza you just think "mmmm crispy pig meat. me gusta"

That's exactly what I'm worried about.

The lengua I had you honestly wouldn't realize what you were eating unless you were told. It was slightly chewier than the steak, but had wonderful beefy flavor and was diced small so it was pretty indistinguishable from the steak.

cheezydemon3 said:
OK creamy, I'll try them!

now....who can I bribe to trick me?........ ;)

Livers were ruined Halloween night when I was 8.

Mom said that I had to clean my plate before trick or treating....LIVER!!!!!First and last time.

I nearly puked!!! May try that again.

I thought the same, I got older and tast buds changed, but not enough to enjoy liver even with gravy didt work.

You all just haven't seen the light yet. Livers are the s#&@. I'm making everyone a life changing paté mousse. I have been cooking in award winning kitchens for years now and promise you that livers done right can be magical.

Cured,seared,deep fried... I have recipes for all.

You all just haven't seen the light yet. Livers are the s#&@. I'm making everyone a life changing paté mousse. I have been cooking in award winning kitchens for years now and promise you that livers done right can be magical.

I believe you!! I do........must convince......my....mouth.

I happily accept any and all offal recipes. :mug:

ForumRunner_20121018_000739.jpg

I did it, four different kinds of liver paté. I went buck wild. Made black truffle chix liver paté, old fashion chicken liver mousse, foie gras, and duck liver farce wrapped in bacon. With grain mustard, aceato honey- cider jam, and cornichons. Local bread and aged goat cheese brought back from france. But lets not forget the comte reclette topped with crispy deep fried onions, cornichon and honey crisp apples. Went well with my imperial ipa and Jeffersons.

View attachment 79954

I did it, four different kinds of liver paté. I went buck wild. Made black truffle chix liver paté, old fashion chicken liver mousse, foie gras, and duck liver farce wrapped in bacon. With grain mustard, aceato honey- cider jam, and cornichons. Local bread and aged goat cheese brought back from france. But lets not forget the comte reclette topped with crispy deep fried onions, cornichon and honey crisp apples. Went well with my imperial ipa and Jeffersons.

Good God man! Recipes! :mug:

View attachment 79954

That looks simply amazing. Would you be willing to post a recipe or two in an offal thread of these?

Made this for bachelor chow the other day. Got two meals out of it for about $3 not counting spices/pantry stuff.

Well I would have but it really looked very similar to the first pic in the thread. I didnt make any changes to the recipe.

SWMBO will not be in the same house when I make it. How she can dislike something she has never had, I have no idea.

SWMBO will not be in the same house when I make it. How she can dislike something she has never had, I have no idea.

That bugs the crap out of me too.

I am sure it tastes good. It just sounds wierd.;)

It is funny. When I get Hot and Sour soup at the little mom and pop chinese place down the road, I am almost 100% certain that there are chicken hearts etc. in it, but I don't mind.

Mind over matter is a strange thing indeed.

At a Japanese restaurant one time with my father,we spied the Japanese family near us eating a noodle dish that had (I know now) bonito flakes on it. As the bonito flakes rehydrated they began to wave and move. Dad would not believe this, no matter how much the absolutely adorable hostess explained... he was convinced that something was still alive on the plate.

This is the same restaurant experience where the daughter at that table, a little girl who probably couldnt tie her own shoes yet, happily munched rice and raw fish until her little cheeks were full. Just goes to show that what we are exposed to really colors our ideas of what good food is, especially when we are young.

Back