I just could not wait.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
So after four days in the fermenter, I had to sneak a peak. I guess most of the krausen had already fallen, but their was still some foam? on the the top. Smelled pretty good, almost a sweet smell . My bubbles on my air lock have slowed down a bunch already. This wait is killing me already. :( I think i might go ahead and take a reading tomorrow and see where i am at. Im just relived i dont have any infections. Guess the cleaning and sterilizing everything over and over paid off. :ban: I think when i go pick up my bottles, im going to go ahead a get a 6.5 gal. carboy. This whole process is fascinating.

Yeah the 6.5 glass carboys are great for those of us with voyeuristic tendencies:fro: . I can just sit there and watch it bubble and gurgle, and I love the smell from the airlock.

EmptyH said:
Yeah the 6.5 glass carboys are great for those of us with voyeuristic tendencies:fro: . I can just sit there and watch it bubble and gurgle, and I love the smell from the airlock.

Yep, my roommate already makes fun of me, for just siting there watching it bubble away.

You're going to love the glass carboy then, you can see yeast particles swirling and churning along the sides... its better than TV

I think I need help:drunk:

Back