First time Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMaster828

Reaction score
Hi so I brewed for the first time on Saturday and last night I noticed that there was no more bubbles coming from my "blow off." Is it still fermenting or did it stop prematurely? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

It didn't stop prematurely, sometimes the bulk ok fermentation can be completed within 2-4 days. However I would let it sit for another week or two so the yeast can clean up.

Welcome to the forum, and have fun brewing.

I would advise waiting at least a week. Then check SG with a hydrometer 2 or 3 days apart to verify that fermentation is complete. This will also give you a chance to taste to see if another week of conditioning might be needed to clean up any off flavors. Don't be too critical, though- remember that it is warm un-carbonated beer!

Agree with all that has been said so far. Check the SG at one week and see where you are in the fermentation process.

NRS

Latest posts

Back