Wee Heavy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a few big beers for the long cold Michigan winter that's on it's way.
I love wee heavy's and would like to make one.
Looking at the northern brewer's wee heavy "kit".
Is this any good? Have any of you brewed this? Do you have a good AG recipe for a wee heavy that you would like to share?

FSR402 said:
I'm thinking of doing a few big beers for the long cold Michigan winter that's on it's way.
I love wee heavy's and would like to make one.
Looking at the northern brewer's wee heavy "kit".
Is this any good? Have any of you brewed this? Do you have a good AG recipe for a wee heavy that you would like to share?

Hi, FSR402 .....

Over the last few years, I have pretty much limited my brewing to German Lager, Pilsners, and Scottish Ales. Mmmmmmmmmmm! I'll PM you one of my favorites.

Skol !

I'm also in the market for a Wee Heavy, would you mind sending that my way as well, or better yet, posting it here so others can share the love?

oldfarmer said:
Hi, FSR402 .....

Over the last few years, I have pretty much limited my brewing to German Lager, Pilsners, and Scottish Ales. Mmmmmmmmmmm! I'll PM you one of my favorites.

Skol !
Got the PM, looks good to me. I will need to brew this up real soon so it will be ready to drink when it's freaking cold outside.

Kevin Dean said:
I'm also in the market for a Wee Heavy, would you mind sending that my way as well, or better yet, posting it here so others can share the love?

Hi, Kevin.......
I've been around these forums for a good while, so I really don't like to post a recipe. This place seems to have a bunch of nice people, that's why I bought in. But in times past, and on other boards, a bunch of wise achers would jump in and try to make it a p**sing contest. One of the features that inticed me to sign up was PM. So, I,ll send you one. :)

Skol !!

here is one I found (BYO march 06), havent brewed it yet but its gonna be my next brew after I make a couple of changes or additions.
o.g 1.105 fg 1.030
ibu 25 srm 28 abv 9.6

20.5 lbs pale malt
10.9 oz belgian special b
9.33 oz belgian biscuit malt
2.2 oz chocolate malt

.53 oz nugget 60min
.5 oz mt hood

english or scottish ale yeast

Back