Calming sound of beer fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al_anderson311

Reaction score
I just brewed my second batch of beer last night and today I was struck with how awesome yet calming the gurgling sound coming from the airlock is. One could stick it next to the bed as a kind of white noise. Only two batches in but got to say I'm hooked.

It is a pleasant sound. I always like hanging out in the the basement when a beer is cooking in the fermenter.

Welcome to the addiction....

After many brews I still love the sound of a bubbling airlock. Music to me ears.

I keep my beer in my closet and spend enough time in there for my wife to ask, "when are you coming out of the closet?"

LOL that would be funny for a text or email........ Now I have to get another beer going so I can get a recording. I have one in primary and one in secondary but they are both past the bloop bloop bloop stage.

Something very comforting about the gurgle of an airlock. Wait till you stick a blow-off tube on your fermenter and hear those big glub glubs! :)

Something very comforting about the gurgle of an airlock. Wait till you stick a blow-off tube on your fermenter and hear those big glub glubs! :)

Get three carboys with blowoffs going! (trust me, it's an awesome sound)

Got a big batch of apfelwine in my basement. It reeks of sulfur once you hit the third step. Airlock sounds like a wet fart

I've had 2 blow offs going at once next to the comp hutch. Sounds like big,wet beer fueled taco farts. But smells good. :drunk:

if you ferment in your bedroom/closet, just watch out for those explosively vigorous fermentations. You might find yourself living in the closet once SWMBO sees the mess you made!

Love that sound too... my last two batches used glass carboys for primaries... watching the yeast swirling around during the first two days is hypnotic..!

if you ferment in your bedroom/closet, just watch out for those explosively vigorous fermentations. You might find yourself living in the closet once SWMBO sees the mess you made!

I've actually been worrying about this lately. Not the SWMBO part (don't have one of those no more), but the explosive part. I don't want my clothes splattered! I've been thinking of coming up with a better spot..

Back