Kegging is the worst thing I've ever done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver165

Reaction score
So i just finished the Keezer and i honestly think i my have screwed up. I can't seem to lay off the damn taps. Every time I walk by it's like ... I'll pull a pint. Or hmm, it's beer 30. I've gone through 1 1/2 corny kegs this past weekend.

WTF! I'm like a 15 y/o that just discovered boobies. I can't keep my hands off of the taps!!!!

I am converted....my bottles are stainless and come in 5gal.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

They also come in 2.5 gallon (rare), 3 gallon, 10 gallon and 15 gallon sizes... :eek: I prefer the 2.5 and 3 gallon kegs myself (for dispensing). I'll use larger ones to ferment (and brew) in though.

I know what you mean! Time to get a good pipeline going. I just started kegging so I know exactly how you feel because I said the same thing

Ugh. I'm in the same boat. Every time I walk by the keggorator I have to tell myself, "I don't want a beer, I don't want a beer." Most of the time it doesn't work. I think I need to buy a couple more carboys and extend my pipeline.

When i first started kegging I was the same way. I'd never gone through my homebrew so quick the first few times. I've calmed down a lot since then and while I still drink it a little more than I did in bottles, I'm certainly a lot more restrained.

It's not as bad as you think. Unlike your natural inclination to touch boobies (which never goes away) you WILL learn to have some control over your kegerator. It will take time and many, many pints, but hang in there!

I agree with edmanster. My first rule of kegerators it, don't use a pint glass.

I got this little 10oz pub glass which I use most of the time. While at the end of the day I probably drink the same amount as if I used a pint glass I figure I burn off extra calories having to get up and walk to the draft tower more often. :cross:

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM??!?!?!??!

;)

The appeal will wear off. Having kegs kick eventually gets heartbreaking, and the beer becomes more dear.

I've got it really bad right now. I have two kegs (cream ale & pumpkin ale) that I can't touch because they are for my wedding in September. SWMBO didn't like my "quality control sample" excuse I gave her when she busted me pulling a pint:cross:

Diver165 - you're right, you should never have gotten into kegging; since I'm a nice guy I'll help you out - send all your kegging equipment and your Kegerator to me immediately, I'll make sure it never forces you to casually drink from it again!

I was the same way the first month. I went through two cornies a weekend and sucked up my entire pipeline in a month, but now I am back down to my orginial beer consumption level although I am way more consistant about having 1 pint a day now.

Ha-ha.

I didn't see this coming when I saw the title. I was like, 'Really? He must be doing it wrong.'

But nope. Clearly you're doing it right!:mug:

I have the same problem. My son got me into brewing this past winter and I built a kegerator while my very first batch was fermenting:D. Never bottled because I saw my son doing it once and it clearly isn't what I wanted.

I have the same problem, seems like 5 gallons of bottled beer lasts longer than 5 gals of kegged beer.

Friends come over and are more likely to 'sample' some on tap than they would be if it were bottled.

Also: I grab a pint with dinner every night or two...
... take a growler with me if I'm going to hang out with friends
... took a growler to a local BYOB restaurant and shared it. (it was great)
It doesn't take long to kick a keg of homebrew.

I'm brewing about every 3 weeks right now, which is just keeping pace. I think I need to step it up so I can keep more than one keg on tap at a time (have a 4 tap kegerator).

So i just finished the Keezer and i honestly think i my have screwed up. I can't seem to lay off the damn taps. Every time I walk by it's like ... I'll pull a pint. Or hmm, it's beer 30. I've gone through 1 1/2 corny kegs this past weekend.

WTF! I'm like a 15 y/o that just discovered boobies. I can't keep my hands off of the taps!!!!

I am converted....my bottles are stainless and come in 5gal.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk
Very Funny! I know what you mean though. I swim on a masters team and after a vigorous 5:30am-4000 yard workout, I was thinking to myself:

Man, a pint would sure taste good right now, and it flows so easily from the tap!

I'm proud to say I was able to hold off until later on that night!:mug:

If you've ever been to the GABF, you get a little glass that has a 3oz line on it... just put 4 of those by your keezer

Back