Going to San Antonio this weekend...suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonutBrew

Reaction score
We're headed out Friday morning for San Antonio and will be staying very near the Riverwalk. Does anyone have suggestions for can't-miss brewpubs, breweries, or local beers? (Or anything else worth mentioning for that matter). We're already planning on going to Blue Star brewing--it seems to look pretty good. I should also mention I like Mexican food. A lot.

Thanks for your suggestions!

I don't know specifically about San Antonio, but if you are planning on making a trip through Austin we have a brewery called 512 (its our area code) and they make a wonderful IPA, its my favorite Texas beer. They are having an event this Saturday for a re-release of their first anniversary brew its called the "512-One" it's a Belgian strong ale. You get 3 free tastes. Anyway a link to the event is below. I believe they are now delivering their beers to San Antonio, so look for them.

There is also a brewery called Independence and their beers are ok. Their best beer is the "Stash" IPA and its not bad. You will undoubtedly see Shiner Beers from Shiner Texas, the most famous being Shiner Bock, its ok. There is also a brewery called "Real Ale" they are not far from Austin in Blanco Texas, they make a Golden Ale called "Fireman's #4" which is pretty decent, I drink that at bars that mainly have BMC on tap.

If you are driving down and you need any kegging parts, Keg Connection (a highly praised vendor on this site) is in San Marcos (Between San Antonio and Austin) and they let you pick up from their warehouse, so it saves on shipping fees.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great trip!

http://512brewing.com/events.php

There is a fun Irish Pub on the Riverwalk, I think it's Dirty Nelly's? It's a bit pricey being attached to a hotel and on the Riverwalk, but they have great music when the piano is playing and fun drinking song sing along.

Back