Oklahoma Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509inc

Reaction score
I had no idea we had our own sub forum. Now lets get to work.

Who can setup a group buy? Learn to brew has good prices but I could always stand to save a few bucks.

Anyone interested in a group brew day?

I don't brew AG but I'd love to talk to some other OK home brewers!

The best way would be to join a club. I'm a member of the Red Earth Brewers. Although the meeting schedule and work has kept me from the last few meetings.

I hope someone can organize a group buy for OKC. It is bonus time at work and Im looking to stock up cause from what I here the Mayan calendar ends soon.:drunk:

Out of curiosity, when and where of the Red Earth Brewers meet up?

Usually at the clubhouse in one of the members neighborhood. Although some meetings have been at the COOP Brewery, Ingird's Kitchen and other members homes. Usually the 3rd Thursday of the month @ 7pm

509inc said:
Usually at the clubhouse in one of the members neighborhood. Although some meetings have been at the COOP Brewery, Ingird's Kitchen and other members homes. Usually the 3rd Thursday of the month @ 7pm

Forgive my ignorance... I'm guessing all these place are all in OKC??

I've got to connect with some you. I need some educated folks to taste my beer. I'm sure I'll go through the hassle of competition at some point. In the meantime...sigh.

I've got to connect with some you. I need some educated folks to taste my beer. I'm sure I'll go through the hassle of competition at some point. In the meantime...sigh.

Let me know when your are in the OKC next. I'm always down to share a homebrew.

Anyone interested in a group brew day?

Hey man, I'm down for a group buy AND a group brew day. I assume you live in OKC? I'm just down the street from TheBrewShopOKC. We have a small group of brewers that meets at my house many Saturdays to brew and drink and play yard games. We're pretty amateur, but do all grain and have the equipment to support it. Let's do this.

DOB

hey guys just found our local or state forum on here. i am trying to get an all grain setup going and was wondering if you guys could help with any suggestions?

Best of luck to you guys. I am no longer in OK, moved to MN. Now it is up to you to carry the torch.

Best of luck to you guys. I am no longer in OK, moved to MN. Now it is up to you to carry the torch.

Chris was a good man, and will be honored in memory whilst we brew our balls off here in OKC. We'll send our love and respect up to the tundra. May Big 10 football suffer endlessly.

If local OK brewers want to get a brew going, a group buy going, or work on your set up (all grain newbie), I'm in. I'll be out of town for labor day weekend but then will be back in business. In the past, we've assembled a decent crew at my place on Saturdays for all day brewing. I'm happy to host, especially now that the weather is turning the corner from death heat to just plain hot.
DOB

@davepeds Did you get any use out of that keg I gave you yet? I have only had a chance to brew once since I've been in MN. By the way I'll be back in OKC Sept 28-Oct 1st if there are some beers you want me to bring back just let me know. Oh yeah 2-row is $35 a bag if you need one of those as well.

@davepeds Did you get any use out of that keg I gave you yet? I have only had a chance to brew once since I've been in MN. By the way I'll be back in OKC Sept 28-Oct 1st if there are some beers you want me to bring back just let me know. Oh yeah 2-row is $35 a bag if you need one of those as well.

are you driving back? man yes I want some beers from the promised land! why is 2 row so cheap?

are you driving back? man yes I want some beers from the promised land! why is 2 row so cheap?

Yep I am driving. Rahr 2-row is made from Harrington barley grown on the western prairies and malted in Minnesota. That is why I assume the price is so low.

I do. I do. Oh wait... Damn this job relocation.:fro:

let's do it - we have a group that brews pretty often. also, there's a pretty cool homebrew club called Red Earth Brewers that meets once a month. There's a facebook page and this http://www.redearthbrewers.blogspot.com/ link, too. December meeting is a Dirty Santa, big beer (OG > 1.040) meeting at Coop 12/20 at 7PM. But we should get together and brew sometime soon. Let me know what you're planning on doing next, and we can brew in parallel or something

I just brewed on sat so it will be a few weeks but i do have a kegarator i need to rebuild. It leaked all over my spare bedroom. Thanks for the link ill check it out. Where are you located?

I'm at NW 23rd and Penn. I have a kegerator to build as well - but that project keeps getting pushed back and back. It doesn't help when you spend a Saturday brewing. I'd love to see your setup - I feel lost when thinking about how to go about my build.

ForumRunner_20121120_213108.jpg

ForumRunner_20121120_213136.jpg

ForumRunner_20121120_213154.jpg

Latest posts

Back