Would You Dry Hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOWEYWACKER

Reaction score
I brewed up a recipe I came up with yesterday, using all citra hops. I've never used citra hops before, so I was curious. My recipe is posted below. The grain bill is very simple, hoping to really get the taste of the hops and gain an understanding of them. My question is, if you brewed this, would you dry hop with citra? If so, how much? I don't want to end up with the "apparent" cat-piss taste...Thanks everyone!

8 lbs 2-row
2 lbs vienna
0.5 lbs crystal 10L

0.5 oz citra 14.1% 60 min (FWH)
0.5 oz citra 14.1% 10 min
0.5 oz citra 14.1% 8 min
0.25 oz citra 14.1% 5 min
0.25 oz citra 14.1% 1 min

total IBU 53

I'd dry hop with an ounce or so. I've never gotten cat piss from citra but I use it pretty much only for late additions and dry hopping.
:mug:

Definitely. I brewed an all Citra American wheat last summer and was a little underwhelmed. I dry hopped with one oz. If I were to do it again, I would go with 2 oz.

I'm doing a zombie dust clone and used 3 oz for dry hopping. I would suggest doing it. How much to use is up to you. So far you have 1, 2, and 3 oz suggested. Screw it. Do 4.

Yeah, dry hop that bad-boy with 2-3 oz for a week. I dig Citra, never gotten any feline piss qualities from it.

Citra is fantastic for late additions and dry hop, I would use 2 oz. Not sure how good of a bittering hop it is.

I keep while cone Citra for dry hopping in a keg - 1.5 oz usually. I'm not super enthusiastic about Citra boil additions but absolutely love it for dry hopping. That being said my favorite UK session cask ale was pretty much all Citra, it was named "Citra" FWIW!

Steve da sleeve

Dang, you guys are getting me pumped for my beer! Its bubbling away right now, and I'm about to pop off the airlock and pour it all over myself!

Back