Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rays "fans" continue to prove why baseball should be moved out of Florida. Elimination playoff game and there appear to be plenty of good seats available.

Passedpawn needs to recruit more people like himself. That attendance is just disgusting.

Rays "fans" continue to prove why baseball should be moved out of Florida. Elimination playoff game and there appear to be plenty of good seats available.

Passedpawn needs to recruit more people like himself. That attendance is just disgusting.

2:00 is a not a good time for a game but, yeah, there shouldn't be any open seats. There are a LOT of Rays fans, they just don't go to the games.

BTW, I sat 5 few rows behind Joe Torre at the game last night. He wears a suit to the game (?).

Yo Adrian! Hit another one!!! I bought the mlb postseason.tv alds package at 1:00 central time today, just so could watch the game at work! Glad I did.

And i dont get the Rays fans either. That place should be rocking right now! Maybe it is that horrible "ballpark" ya'll have. And I use the term "ballpark" loosely!

And I use the term "ballpark" loosely!

Honestly, I think almost everyone who goes there likes it. Media hates it. If you've gone there and didn't like it, well you've a right to your opinion. It might not compare to other stadiums, but I love the place. I have partial season tickets right behind the plate so I have a better spot than a lot of fans... maybe that makes a difference.

If you haven't been there, then commenting on it is probably not appropriate. I wouldn't comment on Ranger's Ballpark (but I do expect to get a much better look at it during game 5 ;) )

Point taken. I have not been there so i cannot make a good judgment. However, i have seen enough of it in the last 2 years to know that it must be very difficult to see a pop-up in that place with the white roof. I also think the catwalks and having to have "catwalk rules" are kind of ridiculous. That being said, if i lived there and was a Rays fan, i would love every minute of it! To me it's all about the baseball experience. Not the park in which it is happening. And the Rangers Ballpark kicks ass! Ha

I'm not a fan of LaRussa really.. but if anyone in the playoffs deserves a ring, its Pujols. I don't know the guy personally, but he is by far the most talented player, and really the only thing he is missing is a ring.

I like the rangers a lot, and I really enjoy how Nolan Ryan runs the team, so I would say they are probably my AL favorite. I love watching the Rays play, but their fanbase is a joke.. At least the Marlins have an excuse for an empty stadium, they never win.

In their defense, the location is terrible with that bridge issue and their lease is bankrupting them.

In order I would say I am rooting for the Cardinals, Brewers, Rangers, Rays, Tigers, Dbacks, Yankees.

passedpawn said:
2:00 is a not a good time for a game but, yeah, there shouldn't be any open seats. There are a LOT of Rays fans, they just don't go to the games.

BTW, I sat 5 few rows behind Joe Torre at the game last night. He wears a suit to the game (?).

Shoot, all the retirees should go. Vitale is tweeting about the lack of fans.

Torre works for MLB. Suit must be work attire.

So I find out tonight whether my birthday includes a Yankees game or not... On the bright side, if they lose I get my ticket money back and we're gonna go to a brewery instead.

So I find out tonight whether my birthday includes a Yankees game or not... On the bright side, if they lose I get my ticket money back and we're gonna go to a brewery instead.

With Burnett pitching, happy brewery day.

_

Spoke a little too soon there Bernie. Anyway, I'm rooting for the Phillies. Because everyone was supposed to lose to them so it'd be gravy if it didn't happen.

But Brewers got their own business to take care of tonight. And I got a friggen 7a meeting tomorrow. It was easier when I lived in AZ for these late games...

Tonight's game is going the way I expected. Yankees score early against Porcello, Coke in relief, I would expect Alburquerque next and Benoit to finish. Tigers need some hit's and Granderson needs to forgive the Tigers for trading him to the Yankees That guy just play's to well against us.

Tonight's game is going the way I expected. Yankees score early against Porcello, Coke in relief, I would expect Alburquerque next and Benoit to finish. Tigers need some hit's and Granderson needs to forgive the Tigers for trading him to the Yankees That guy just play's to well against us.

Wait till the Yanks try to buy Cabrera!

Wait till the Yanks try to buy Cabrera!

Yeah I know... just got to enjoy him while we got him... same goes for any player, Hard to match a team that gets $500 mill a year from the local baseball network. But the Yank fan's never get the chance to watch a team go from 100 losses to the playoffs. To live and die with your team no matter what. I've been doing it for 50 years and wouldn't change a thing.

Yeah I know... just got to enjoy him while we got him... same goes for any player, Hard to match a team that gets $500 mill a year from the local baseball network. But the Yank fan's never get the chance to watch a team go from 100 losses to the playoffs. To live and die with your team no matter what.

Wheels falling off for Tigs. Ugh. My dad (lives up there) has probably turned it off by now.

But the Yank fan's never get the chance to watch a team go from 100 losses to the playoffs. To live and die with your team no matter what. I've been doing it for 50 years and wouldn't change a thing.

I guess you forgot the 80's and early 90's...

Looks like I'll be in the Bronx tomorrow night! Can't wait because I have the best seats I've ever had at the new stadium.

Looks like I'll be in the Bronx tomorrow night! Can't wait because I have the best seats I've ever had at the new stadium.

I hope you enjoy your birthday at the stadium. And I also hope the Yankees lose, though I don't see it with Nova pitching.

It would be a win-win. You get a mostly cool birthday at the stadium and I avoid the constant chirping from my Yankee-fan in laws. ;)

Just 1 game.. doesn't make a difference what you lose by... I like Fister for Thursday a lot... Tell your dad to never turn off the game.

It's not in disgust or indifference... he's worried about his ticker! You couldn't find a bigger fan.

BTW, we (Rays) beat Texas 8-1 in the first game of our series, and you see how that ended. Thud.

I hope you enjoy your birthday at the stadium. And I also hope the Yankees lose, though I don't see it with Nova pitching.

It would be a win-win. You get a mostly cool birthday at the stadium and I avoid the constant chirping from my Yankee-fan in laws. ;)

Thanks!

I actually wanted the Sox in the playoffs. My only distain for the current team is directed at Papelbon. I'm pissed I didn't get to go to a Red Sox/Yanks game this year. I usually get at least one in.

Thanks!

I actually wanted the Sox in the playoffs. My only distain for the current team is directed at Papelbon. I'm pissed I didn't get to go to a Red Sox/Yanks game this year. I usually get at least one in.

I'm not a big Pap fan, either, but he had a great year.

It's really kind of hard to hate the Yankees players. I'd love to have Swisher, Mariano is the best ever and all class, Jeter is to be admired, love Posada, Cano is destined for greatness and Granderson is just a great guy on and off the field.

Of course, A-Rod and Burnett make it really, really easy for me to overlook the good guys. :D

Oswalt on the mound for Philly tonight, Jackson going for St louis. Prediction: The phillies finally get to face a fastball pitcher and will take full advantage.

If the Phillies somehow lose tonight, they go back to Philly for game 5 and start Halladay...I like our chances!

I will be rooting for the D-backs to at least take the series to a game 5, just so the Brew Crew doesn't get any rest. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing Philly face AZ either, but I don't see that happening.

Hell no, I remember how baseball was 20- 30 years ago. It's kind of the point I was talking about. Teams went up and down back then. Congrats on the great seats. I'd love to be there for the game.

Back