• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Complete Beginner's Kit (I mean Complete) - Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzlybrew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
(The kit was sold Feb 5, 2011. Thanks for all the interest. The kit ended up going to exactly who I wanted it to - a person just getting into this great hobby.)

I'm trying to clean up around the place and realized I have a lot of equipment that I really don't use anymore and was hoping to sell a great kit to someone interested in getting into brewing.

Here's what I am selling (not all pieces are pictured, please parts list below):

2146-beginners-kit.jpg

Parts:

True Brew 6.5 gallon fermenter
True Brew 6.5 gallon bottling bucket
Lid with airlock hole and sample extraction opening
4 gallon Stainless steel kettle
5 gallon glass carboy
1-piece airlock with bung (fits fermenter lid as well as carboy)
4 oz. Starsan (enough to make 20 gallons of sanitizer)
Hand Capper
~50 bottle caps (combo of brewer's best and oxygen-absorbing)
Large Funnel (with hop screen)
Bottling wand
Large Spoon
500ml flask
Aquarium pump

Not pictured, but also included:
Hydrometer
Auto-siphon
Bottle/Carboy Brush
2 cases de-labeled/clean bottles (your choice - 12 oz. or 22 oz.)
TruTemp Digital instant read thermometer

I really can't think of anything else you would need to brew and bottle your first batch other than some ingredients and a stove. This is, of course, a starter kit for extract brewing.

I'd like this to go to a friend of an HBT member who is looking to get into brewing.

I'm selling for $115, firm. If I wanted to haggle, I'd list it at $150. By the time you would buy a beginner's kit, buy a large kettle, buy the auto-siphon (which I consider a must), a couple of cases of bottles, a good thermometer... you get the picture.

Please PM me if you or someone you know is interested.

Thanks

I'm selling for $115, firm. If I wanted to haggle, I'd list it at $150.

I like this! I am so tired of posting something on craigslist for an inflated price so that someone can haggle me down. Every once in a while though someone doesn't haggle, and all of a sudden i have sold something for 50 more than I bought it for.

I like this! I am so tired of posting something on craigslist for an inflated price so that someone can haggle me down. Every once in a while though someone doesn't haggle, and all of a sudden i have sold something for 50 more than I bought it for.

lol. That's funny. It's always great to highball and have someone just take - I almost feel bad, but my dad always says "it's business; if they didn't want it, they didn't have to pay for it". It's hard to know how much someone values something, but it can still be akward sometimes.

I hope nobody takes the haggling comment the wrong way. I just feel like it's a good deal and I'm pretty straight forward (most of the time). I'm in sales and haggle/negotiate all day. I'd rather someone who can benefit from the kit and sees the value get it.

I am willing to ship anywhere as long as the buyer assumes the cost. I need to find some boxes, weigh the freight and see what it would cost. I can let you know as soon as I do that. I'm assuming UPS ground freight is the cheapest mode and with a good packing job should arrive safe and sound. I have received several requests and will respond/offer to sell in the order I received them.

If you are PMing me, please make sure your inbox is not full so that I may respond.

Thanks

I might be interested. How many times have these been used?

Various parts have been used for various amounts of time. The only pieces that time might affect are plastic fermenter, bottling bucket, bottling wand, auto-siphon, and possibly the funnel (depending on where in the brewing process you used it). Most of these pieces are between 2 and 3 years old.

I used dawn (wash) and bleach (sanitize) for a while and have been using Oxyclean Free (clean) and Starsan (sanitize) for the last couple of years.

shipping cost.. to 50322
hell i'll buy it for 114.99..plus shipping.. lol i'm in sales too

sold...22oz bottles

Is there any way I can come and check it out because I am really interested. I am very close to you. I am in Carrollton. I'm bringing money with me just in case I can take it off your hands that day. Could you please private message me and give me your phone number where I can give you a call? Perhaps we can get together this weekend?
Chris

I just sent PM to everyone. If you have PMed me, please check your inbox. If you are at capacity, clear out your mailbox and PM me again.

Thanks

Back