Rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewTaster

Reaction score
Anyone willing to part with a rhizome for a cheaper then normal price? Im looking for something like Cascade, etc for IPA and APA. If anyone is willing to help me out please let me know!

:mug: Cheers

I don't think you'd be able to get any rhizomes until March at the earliest. Though I believe they're only about $5, so if you don't get any donors on here then skipping a couple of beers should be enough to get the necessary funds together.

Growing hops is a fantastic supplementary hobby to brewing, but be warned that it can be addictive. I grew my first plants last year and I plan to plant many more this time round.

Do you get a reasonable harvest to make it worth your while? Or is it more of a just for fun kind of thing?

If you are diligent you can get a reasonable harvest. Approximately 1 to 1.5 pounds a year on a mature plant on average. It's a lot of work.

It's waaaaay too early to start looking for the Rhisomes. Commercial sales usually open each March.

I suggest you read into the "art and frustration" of growing your own hops. Start with Homebrewers Garden.

Back