Good websites to buy kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnirish

Reaction score
This is my first post so my apologies if there's a thread on this somewhere else.....

Just wondering where everyone recommends to go for buying beer kits? I live in Minneapolis so I'm close to Northern Brewer and Midwest so those are out. Is Austinhomebrew.com a good place?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Why not Northern Brewer or Midwest? They have excellent kits. Save the shipping...

But, yes, Austinhomebrew.com is an excellent place to order kits.

I suspect you will hear nothing but good things about Austin Homebrew around here. Great place.

9/9 said:
I suspect you will hear nothing but good things about Austin Homebrew around here. Great place.
Same can be said about Northern and Midwest. You can order on the net from both of them but it does make me wonder why you don't want to just pick up your supplies.

Nurmey said:
Same can be said about Northern and Midwest. You can order on the net from both of them but it does make me wonder why you don't want to just pick up your supplies.

I will answer that question for him, the closest HB store to me is more than 100 miles away. I will pay much less in shipping than I would gasoline trying to get there. I get by. I just purchased a 50# sack of 2-row from midwest:rockin:

Nothing wrong with them at all. I've just used most of their kits and I'm looking for some other options out there. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions though.

My LBHS is 40 miles away and it is still cheaper to order from NB or AH with the flat rate shipping(and the selection is better)

Back