It's official, I'm having heart surgery on Feb 18th...wow, it's real now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pleased to report Revvy is doing well. He might not come here to post about it, but I have a good source. Seems like he is active and happy (well, happier than if he didn't have surgery...) ;)

I'm pleased to report Revvy is doing well. He might not come here to post about it, but I have a good source. Seems like he is active and happy (well, happier than if he didn't have surgery...) ;)

LOLz... I was wondering if someone was going to bump this ole thing up.... :mug:

Hard to believe it's been 6 years... The 5 year anniversary slipped by... this time last year my mom was in hospice (she would pass in March.)

I'm doing OK, I guess... It's been a rough few years... Most of you know I lost my place in a fire 2 years ago... But unless you're a facebook pal, you don't know that I also lost my best friend, and then my partner at work, and 2 neighbors in the same period... and my mom.

I haven't brewed much since mid-summer... Unfortunately the chest freezer in my keezer bit the dust around that time, and I haven't found one "cheap" that is roughly the size of my collar that I'm proud of having made- so I'm keeping my eye out. All my friends keep finding me deals on 14 cubic inch ones, and I only have the space for a 7.2.

I've been making meads and ciders mostly, and experimenting with liquor infusions lately.

Hopefully I can get my keezer situation squared away soon so I can get back to brewing- I forgot how much a pita it is to actually buy beer on a "regular" basis instead of just buying thing to try.

The irony of everything is, after my fire and we had to throw out all my plastic brew gear, and my club and LHBS raised money to replace my gear- I apparently didn't think to replace any bottling stuff. I only realized it a few weeks back when I went to bottle a Flander's Red I've had aging since the fire, and realized I didn't even have a capper. So much for being the king of bottling. :D

Anyway I thought I'd check in. I'm actually on here a couple times a weeks, but usually just in threads of mine were people have responded and the occasional unanswered thread (I find that some of the most created threads, or stuff that push me to my limits of learning and problem solving, are in the threads that have sat idle for several days- usually it's questions that are of an experimental nature or require out of the box thinking- which is how I like to approach brewing in my own life.)

:tank:

Good to "see' you again, Revvy! Thanks for making a liar out of me! LOL!

Anyway, I will PM you. I may have a bench capper you can have if you need one, and maybe a chest freezer if it's the right size and I can get down that way.

LOLz... I was wondering if someone was going to bump this ole thing up.... :mug:

Hard to believe it's been 6 years... The 5 year anniversary slipped by... this time last year my mom was in hospice (she would pass in March.)

I'm doing OK, I guess... It's been a rough few years... Most of you know I lost my place in a fire 2 years ago... But unless you're a facebook pal, you don't know that I also lost my best friend, and then my partner at work, and 2 neighbors in the same period... and my mom.

I haven't brewed much since mid-summer... Unfortunately the chest freezer in my keezer bit the dust around that time, and I haven't found one "cheap" that is roughly the size of my collar that I'm proud of having made- so I'm keeping my eye out. All my friends keep finding me deals on 14 cubic inch ones, and I only have the space for a 7.2.

I've been making meads and ciders mostly, and experimenting with liquor infusions lately.

Hopefully I can get my keezer situation squared away soon so I can get back to brewing- I forgot how much a pita it is to actually buy beer on a "regular" basis instead of just buying thing to try.

The irony of everything is, after my fire and we had to throw out all my plastic brew gear, and my club and LHBS raised money to replace my gear- I apparently didn't think to replace any bottling stuff. I only realized it a few weeks back when I went to bottle a Flander's Red I've had aging since the fire, and realized I didn't even have a capper. So much for being the king of bottling. :D

Anyway I thought I'd check in. I'm actually on here a couple times a weeks, but usually just in threads of mine were people have responded and the occasional unanswered thread (I find that some of the most created threads, or stuff that push me to my limits of learning and problem solving, are in the threads that have sat idle for several days- usually it's questions that are of an experimental nature or require out of the box thinking- which is how I like to approach brewing in my own life.)

:tank:

Thanks for the update, always good to hear from you!

Back