Problems Converting a Danby Kegerator for ball lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St. Jon's Wort

Reaction score
I have a Danby Millenium commercial kegerator with a single tap tower that I want to convert to be able to be connected to my ball lock corny kegs. The problem is that I dont want to completely eliminate the ability to connect a commercial keg and wanted to be able to switch between the commercial keg sanke and the liquid out on the ball lock kegs. The only problem is the connection from the tower to the Sanke is nothing like the connection from the liquid out on my ball lock kegs. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to connect the tower faucet to my liquid out line either. My brain has been on hiatus since this project started apparently and I'm just not seeing the solution. Has anyone else done a conversion like this with a commercial kegerator with a tap tower and have been able to set it up to switch between commercial and ball lock kegs?

you need this

I bought this, and have 3 keg capability. I can go 2 homebrews, 1 commercial; or 2 commercials, 1 homebrew. Been thinking about buying another so that I can go with 3 homebrews (just bought a couple more ball locks!)

I'm not sure if those will work with the sanke I have. I think I have a European style one.

I'm not sure if those will work with the sanke I have. I think I have a European style one.

I dont have any experience with the European style Sankes. If they have the same tailpieces as the "D" type, then it will work.

The link that whutever posted will definitely work no matter what you use. Althought it is not clear how many sets of the QD's come with that purchase. You would need male on the beer and gas lines going to tap, and female (or vice versa) on both your sanke tap lines (gas and liquid), as well as female on your gas and liquid disconnects.

The first kit should work with all taps. I have a similar kit from Williams Brewing and it works with the 5 commercial keg taps I have. Sanke and European.

Back