My Electric conversion (Brewmation)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackNotch

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and bought an electric conversion kit from Brewmation. All the holes are drilled in my kegs, just waiting for the outlet to be installed in the basement. Here are some pics :

Control panel with a Love controller, there are also twist-lock connectors for the elements are on each side.
IMAG0056.jpg

Bottom of CP, with outlet for pump, two connections for float switches, and the other is the temp probe.
IMAG0057.jpg

Inside the HLT, temp probe, float switch, and element.
IMAG0061.jpg

Now, all I have to do is find time to run get this up and running in between a kitchen remodel!

Mike

Dayum! That's lookin' great! I can't wait to see this baby in action.

Good investment, too. This thing looks rock solid and clean. Those guys at brewmation do a great job.

Good luck with the kitchen remodel. Are you going to be putting any extra plumbing in for brewing? I was just thinking yesterday as I was cleaning up, how nice it would be to have a hot water hose available near my sink that's not throttled back through my faucet.

Jay

I've been considering a brewmation kit. Which one did you buy?

It's the medium panel, with separate element outlets, and an outlet for a pump. This one isn't listed on the site, but they'll customize it as long as there's room. The elements are 5500 watt.

Man, that sho' is nice....where can a guy find a burly enclosure like that?

I finally got a chance to try it out, home improvements have been keeping me too busy. Everything worked great, had a little leak on my HLT, so I just tested the BK. My tap water was 58 degrees and the basement temp was about 65, I filled the keg up halfway, so there was about about 7.5 gallons.

11:09 am - 58 Degrees F
11:13 - 82
11:17 - 114
11:24 - 143
11:34 - 175
11:48 - Boiling

Overall, I was very pleased with the performance, now I have to get my utility sink installed in my basement and I'm ready for business!

4558201164_5f91618d91_m.jpg

4558202982_a0905d6db4_m.jpg

BlackNotch or anyone else with Brewmation electric conversion experience,
(tried to PM you but your box is full)
Are you still using the Brewmation console?
Any issues with it?
Any mods you wish you would have done?

I am looking into purchasing the large Brewmation electric conversion console with a few mods to operate my HERMS.

I am installing 220V service in my garage to run my brew setup.
I will have a hybrid system. (propane/electic)

(I have considered building the console from scratch and would at this time just like to pay for the device to be built to my specs, to many other projects this year)

Thank you in advance

Hey, sorry about that, just cleared the inbox. I brewed with it 3 weeks ago, I love it, just wish I had more time to brew. Everything is set on a Gorilla Rack, with the hlt gravity fed to a cooler, one pump for recirc and the cfc. I haven't noticed anything that I would have done different yet.

I have three pumps but I still love gravity and so the HLT to mash is gravity as is the mash to the boil pot. Use the one pump for heat exchanger loop and one pump for the counter chiller. Leaves a spare pump.

Yep, I think I will be ordering the large panel conversion kit and adding a switch for the extra pump I have.

Thanks for the reply!

Tim C

Back