Bentonite bad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckyboy

Reaction score
Well I was reading another post, it was about someone forgetting to dump out the sterilizer and i vaugly remember possibly not dumping the bentonite out of my fermenter. Probaly a dumb question but that would ruin the whole batch correct? Im 95% sure i did but would i be able to tell when i taste it when i get home its been about 2.5 weeks in the primary....Damn i hope its still ok

Awwwww i thought it was a dumb question, Sorry i miss read re-reading the instructions and i wasent going for a secondary ferment so thats what i prolly added it off the bat...well that is a releife :)

Thanks for the quick answer

Cheers

Cory

Make sure your fermentation is complete before bottling. You may have stripped the yeasties out of suspension before they were finished (I am not sure if that is possible), so you may have to repitch some yeast to start fermentation again. Make sure you take Hydrometer readings.

(This is all guesswork)

I have done one at 3 day and 7 it was supposed to finish at about 1.012 - 1.018 i had 1.013 on day 7 so i think im ok

Cheers

Cory

Latest posts

Back