Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EEK! Don't use a Belgian yeast unless you are making a Belgian. You can also start an ale with your favorite yeast and add a packet of white wine yeast after a week.

I brewed a Double IPA with an OG of 1.087 and after 1.5 weeks in primary it was down to the intended FG of 1.016. Done with dry Nottingham yeast.

Fatabbot said:
I brewed a Double IPA with an OG of 1.087 and after 1.5 weeks in primary it was down to the intended FG of 1.016. Done with dry Nottingham yeast.

My German Chocolate Stout started at 1.074 and it was at 1.018 after 3 days using Nottinghams dry as well. Its gonna finish at 8.5-9% alcohol!!! That'll knock the socks off you.

sirsloop said:
My German Chocolate Stout started at 1.074 and it was at 1.018 after 3 days using Nottinghams dry as well. Its gonna finish at 8.5-9% alcohol!!! That'll knock the socks off you.

Yep. Figured I'd try one really big beer before going back to other beers.

It's dry hopped in the secondary now. Be ready to bottle in a few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up on some strong yeasts, I have a strong feeling there are going to be good times and lost memories in the near future.

Back