homemade pedio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loftybrewer

Reaction score
Sooo.....
I am trying to digest lots and lots of info on this (to me) daunting task of lambik and sour brewing. I am just starting out brewing and really want to experiment/fail miserably/learn as much as I can.

NOW, I think I understand how to start a wild lacto from grain hulls for souring. I understand that it lives in grains the way wild yeasts live in wild grapes or helicobacter p. lives in our intestines. Can I make a homemade pedio starter?

Sooo.....
I am trying to digest lots and lots of info on this (to me) daunting task of lambik and sour brewing. I am just starting out brewing and really want to experiment/fail miserably/learn as much as I can.

NOW, I think I understand how to start a wild lacto from grain hulls for souring. I understand that it lives in grains the way wild yeasts live in wild grapes or helicobacter p. lives in our intestines. Can I make a homemade pedio starter?

There is lots of other things on grain than lacto, youll likely have sacch, brett, and other oddball organisms there as well.

Why not just take a look at the sticky about capturing wild yeast/bugs? Your never going to have an exact on whats in your culture anyway

Back