The Happening...no...The Crappening....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtymike1

Reaction score
:mad:Complete waste of my life. I want my 1.5 hours back. I don't even know what to write about it because it was sooo bad. The acting sucked...no it was non exsistant. The plot was the lamest thing I've ever sufferd through. I would rather pull out my own heart with a spoon and a stick....If you plan on seeing this, you will be PISSED at how horrible it is.:mad:

I knew it was going to suck when the best the marketing people could do was advertise it as "M. Night Shamalan's first R rated film" If the best that can be said is that is has more gore and profanity than his other suckfests, I'm not wasting my time or money

I've never seen an M Night Shamalamadingdong movie. I've never even seen a plot or trailer to one of his movies that seemed even remotely tempting.

I'm sorry, but a couple quick flashes of scary images followed by some whispering voice saying "Lady in the Water" is not going to make me jump out of my seat to go see a movie.

And of course the movie industry blames the internet for these failures.

Sixth Sense was great , I thought. The Village, apart from Hilary Han's violin playing, was a letdown

BTW - the kid graduated from a school outside Philadelphia where I taught (but I didn't teach him, and never actually met him)

Of course, after being nominated for Oscars blah blah, they made him distinguished alum (translation ->$$)

I do not understand why people love scary movies. It's like hiriing a personal trainer, which is really like paying someone to be mean to you and call you a dirt bag. If you want that join the military and get paid while people yell at you.

I do not understand why people love scary movies. It's like hiriing a personal trainer, which is really like paying someone to be mean to you and call you a dirt bag. If you want that join the military and get paid while people yell at you.

Um, huh? I love scary movies and I don't know any personal trainers that yell or call their clients dirtbags...:confused:

M. Night's movies are not remotely scary. I think that's a big downfall of some of them.

Being one of the resident contrarians, I will go on record as liking all of M. Night Shaymalan's movies. To put it in perspective, I get fed up an turn off many of the movies that my friends and the general public are raving about (examples, Meet the parents, every Rambo, The Patriot, All the Mission Impossibles, any of Angelina Jolie's action movies, Dodgeball, Waiting..., Wedding Crashers)
And before anyone goes and jumps to conclusions about me, there are movies in every one of those genres and with those actors that I love.
It's a lot like beer flavors, it takes all kinds.

some of shamalamadingdong's movies are ok... Lady in the water was an interesting story, I kinda still don't get it, but it was neat...

I'm just going to wait to add this to the Netflix que.

M. Night's movies are not remotely scary. I think that's a big downfall of some of them.

The sixth sense was pretty scary... I guess unless you have lived in/near philly and the surrounding area and realize just how old the area is (oldest residential street in the US) and all the cultures that have been there... that movie might not have the same impact.

The sixth sense was pretty scary... I guess unless you have lived in/near philly and the surrounding area and realize just how old the area is (oldest residential street in the US) and all the cultures that have been there... that movie might not have the same impact.

There were a couple moments in Sixth Sense that were kinda scary...like the peripheral shot of the hanged people, or the creepy lady in the kitchen. But that's it...regardless of whether you've lived in philly or not.

I love that street. Its like stepping back in time, especially after a local pub crawl...

FIDPhila%20004.jpg

Back