Sam Adams Longshot from last year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullimat

Reaction score
Did anyone try these? I am kicking myself now for not buying more and keeping it. The old ale was amazing. I just loved that nutiness to it. And the boysenberry wheat was great as well. Has anyone run across recipes for them? I would really like to try to recreate these beers!

We just got a shipment of this years longshot into work today. I have not tried it before, they wouldn't let me buy it because they didn't inventory it yet. I'll be trying it this weekend.

Eb

Really? I have been waiting for this years release although i don't think it will top last years. Too bad i can't get last years anymore. I wish i could find a recipe for that old ale! 10% abv and oh so good!

I might be in the minority here but I did not like last years long shots. My palate was not as "refined" then but just the same I did not enjoy them.

HBDrinker008 said:
I might be in the minority here but I did not like last years long shots. My palate was not as "refined" then but just the same I did not enjoy them.

You're not alone....my palate wasn't refined either, but I wasn't crazy about last year's either.....I thought it was quite interesting tasting and wouldn't turn one down, but a bit too hoppy overall.

I can't even find them anywhere. I see the seasonal and brewer's choice mix packs all over the place, but no Longshot. I'd be especially interested to try some since I've become an EAC. :D

We just got it in today, and we get their releases fairly quickly. Probably won't be on the shelf until Friday. You might ask your local "good beers" joint if they have it in the back. I know we do! haha

Eb

Back