Upstate NY road trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnethert

Reaction score
Hi all,

A bunch of us would like to go on a road trip from Danbury CT (~60 mile N or NYC) to Cooperstown NY to see Ommegang Brewery and Baseball Hall of Fame. We'd like to take 3 days (Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon) to do this. I was thinking that we'd have time to swing by Ithaca Brewery while we were at it. Any suggestions for other breweries in the area that we could incorporate into our schedule?

Thanks!

All of the ones you mentioned and those that Law mentioned, plus Brown's in Troy (one of my favorites), and Keegan's if your route takes you that far south. There's also Cooperstown Brewery in just outside Cooperstown not far from Ommegang.

Make sure you get fresh Flower Power if you make it to Ithaca!

Cortland Beer Co is in Cortland a few miles North of Ithaca.

Empire Brewing in Syracuse has great food and okay beer. Syracuse does have two good beer bars The Blue Tusk and J. Ryans. The Blue Tusk is on the list of places to have a beer in before you die list...

FX Matt's Brewery in Utica, makers of Saranac, is one of the older breweries that you could visit. Their tasting room is also on the places to have a beer list...

Hi all,

A bunch of us would like to go on a road trip from Danbury CT (~60 mile N or NYC) to Cooperstown NY to see Ommegang Brewery and Baseball Hall of Fame. We'd like to take 3 days (Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon) to do this. I was thinking that we'd have time to swing by Ithaca Brewery while we were at it. Any suggestions for other breweries in the area that we could incorporate into our schedule?

Thanks!

Ommegang and Ithaca are fairly far apart. Definately do FX Matts, it's very cool and you get your choice of 2 beers at the bar at the end.

I'm lucky enough to live in Ithaca--it's about 2 hours away from Ommegang. While you're in C-Town, go to Cooperstown Brewing and Butternuts. When you're here, stop by Horseheads Brewing. They're real small, but they're making some fantastic beers right now, as well. When you get to Ithaca Brewing Co, make sure you pick up some Brute. It's their sour, and it's spectacular. Also, we have the BEST bottle shop in the area, Finger Lakes Beverage. THe owner makes personal trips to NYC, PA, and the surroundings to pick up fresh bottles that would otherwise never find their way up here.

Back