Need a fast pipeline beer to burn up some hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotbfan

Reaction score
My brother and I need to burn up about 10 lbs of hops in the next few months, and we are pretty heavy drinkers, so we are looking for suggestions on recipes for ales, pale ales, bitters, browns... anything that is fast to ferment and get into the kegs that will use up a lot of hops. We can consume about a keg a week, and once the pipeline is going we are hoping to find a few different easy extract recipes that we can rotate through for 3 or 4 months to burn some of our stock up. While we do love a nice SNPA clone, a little variance would be nice from time to time!

Specifically we have an abundance of Cascade, Willamette, Chinook, Galena, and Millennium (a cross of Nugget and Columbus).

Extract with specialty grains is fine, all extract with hops is also fine. We have 4 fermenters, ideally a 1 to 2 week fermentation would be best, we can condition in the keezer.

Thanks in advance!

I think as long as you keep the OG to 1.050 or less and pitch a lot of yeast you can brew and drink a lot of stuff pretty quickly. I would brew American Wheats, Pale Ales, Northern English Browns, etc.. Look at the recipe database and pick something that is starred. If you want a quick turnaround I would keep the recipes as simple as possible as far as grain goes.

double ipas are good at burning hops, but from my experience with my last batch they aren't session beers. still good to have a good strong iipa on hand if you got space.

Extract with specialty grains is fine, all extract with hops is also fine. We have 4 fermenters, ideally a 1 to 2 week fermentation would be best, we can condition in the keezer.

Well, there's your problem, only 4 fermenters. Go get a couple more! :ban:

Back