How many times do you click the "New Posts" link?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you click "New Posts" in 5 minutes?

• Never

• every 5 seconds

Results are only viewable after voting.
I check it sometimes. But, I more often check the forums that interest me and I try to click on the unanswered threads pretty regularly.

I have a handful of sites, including this one, that I have linked in my toolbar. All of them are linked directly to "show new posts" if available. I cycle through them pretty much continually throughout the day. I spend all day in my office (at home) working on multiple computers for clients though so it isn't that crazy... sometimes it borders on OCD though, lol.

I have a handful of sites, including this one, that I have linked in my toolbar. All of them are linked directly to "show new posts" if available. I cycle through them pretty much continually throughout the day. I spend all day in my office (at home) working on multiple computers for clients though so it isn't that crazy... sometimes it borders on OCD though, lol.

Ditto. Connected to several computers at a time, generally anytime I'm waiting for something to load, transfer, compile,ect... I click on New Posts or refresh on all the sites i've gotup.

It depends on me. If I'm searching for a particular subject check those forums. if i'm generally just f'ing off then it's NEW POSTS, I find myself not staying an active member of a forum that does not have "New Posts" Link.

Typically i'm in tab hell at work. 1st tab, Ehelpdesk (work tickets come here for work) 2nd Gmail 3rd HBT 4th Tallahassee Gun Forum 5th Nublive.com then 6th will variy between VFRDisscussion.com and Ranchero.us or katriders.com

I'm a forum addict.

once upon a time, I could click "new posts" about 4 times a day and literally stay up to date on 100% of the threads on HBT.

At this point, there is so much discussion going on that I tend to click new posts a bunch, and I'm sure I only see a maybe 5% of the total stuff happening.

Latest posts

Back