17th Annual Peach State Brew Off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
Everyone get you beers ready...

The 17th Annual Peach State Brew Off is right around the corner.

When: March 27, 2010
Entries Accepted: Now through 3/20
Fee: $7 per entry (2 bottles)
Where: 5 Seasons Westside (Atlanta, GA)
What: All beers, meads, and ciders

Entries and pay fees via PayPal on CovertHops website.

If you enter and you are local, you should come by for the awards ceremony. For the first time this year, medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places and there will be a ton of great prizes. In addition to awards there will be a raffle and the sponsors have really pulled out all the stops this year and there will be a ton of great stuff there. Check out the website for all the details and pictures of the medal (I have seen them, they are sweet).

Also, be sure to try some of Crawford's great beer, Chef Dave's great food, and stop by next door at Hop City to pick up your favorite commercial beer.

I have a Brown Ale, American Stout, and a Chipotle Stout going in for sure. Maybe a California Common, a Wee Heavy, and an IPA.

So, let's hear it, what is everyone else entering?

I'm entering quite a few.. the more I enter the more chances I have to get a sweet medal! I would list them all but i'm not 100% sure of everything that is going in.

Just got a notice that mine arrived today.

I got a call from UPS today at work (chemical plant). Lady said that I had shipped a hazardous chemical without the proper paperwork or labels. I had a bottle break one time on the way to a competition in the mail and they tried to call it a flammable liquid and pin me with a fine. Remembering back on this I got pretty upset with the lady and started arguing with her. Finally I realized that she wasn't talking about my beer entries, she was talking about an actual chemical I had shipped out. I was relieved.

Oh, and they were also wrong about the chemical.

According to the UPS tracking info, UPS destroyed my entries. :mad:

Hopefully they will still get something in some shape for judging. But I am guessing not.

Happened to me once. Sucks ass. I got mine back in time to ship another bottle. I go over the top with entries now, UPS doesn't give a **** about what's in your box.

Well, today's the day. You have less than 3 hours to get your entries in. Good luck all.

What did you enter?... Crap, I won't be able to check... let me text you my phone number and I can keep you updated that way if you want.

Neal

HM basically means 4th place... which is a great deal for a category with over 30 entries. You said it was based on Lake Walk, right? I might need to make that beer soon :)

HM basically means 4th place... which is a great deal for a category with over 30 entries. You said it was based on Lake Walk, right? I might need to make that beer soon :)

That's what I thought. Yeah, it's the Lake Walk APA. No changes other than water adjustments.

I took 3rd place with my ESB. Very excited for my first competition. Guessing there weren't a ton of entries for that category, though.

There were a lot of entries to every style... any HM or ribbon is a big deal. Beerrific judged ESBs Friday evening if I remember correctly! Nice job smitty!

Where are the results posted? Can someone paste a link so I can find it. Thanks

Never mind I found it. I got 1st place in Belgian/French Ales (16B). Not bad for my first competition.

Where are the results posted? Can someone paste a link so I can find it. Thanks

Never mind I found it. I got 1st place in Belgian/French Ales (16B). Not bad for my first competition.

I heard your name and knew you entered under INHBC... picked up your medal to give you but the Ed didn't know when he would see you again so I gave it back to the competition so they could just ship it.

Congrats!

I took 3rd place with my ESB. Very excited for my first competition. Guessing there weren't a ton of entries for that category, though.

Yes, I judged that category. We combined ESB and Scottish 80/-. There were 13 entries in this category. Congrats.

Yes, I judged that category. We combined ESB and Scottish 80/-. There were 13 entries in this category. Congrats.

Sweet. I'm glad I entered. Can't wait to see my score sheet. I'll have to enter some more competitions now.

:rockin:

Back