Thanksgiving beer dumpage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlyday

Reaction score
On thanks giving we had 18 people over, only a few beer drinkers in the bunch. One asked to try my homebrew, so I pull him a pint of my octoberfest, throw the picnic tap back in the chest freezer and close the lid. I come back a few minutes later to pour me one and a hear an odd noise coming from the chest freezer. I open the lid and see that the lid had been holding the picnic tap open and I had about 5 inches of octoberfest foam in the bottom of my freezer. Im guessing I lost about 1.5 gallons.

Good thing I had stocked up on paper towels. I threw 4 roll in the bottom and shut the lid, when everone left I went down and most of it had been sucked up by the paper towel.

The only upside to the the whole thing is now I have an empty keg... and 2 weeks off at christmas... Brew Time!

Yeah, It was one of my better beers. Kinda sucks. Asking for some faucets and parts to turn this into a keezer for christmas. No more picinic taps.

I have a vienna lager to take its place, and a pale ale fermenting, so it wont be missed for too long.

My solution was to run a line of picture hanging wire across the front. I hang the picnic taps by their lever. No more unexpected spills, no more bending over like a sucker to find the right tap.

2 have been replaced by perlick taps. 4 to go!

Sorry for your loss. I have lost a lot more beer than that because of picnic faucets getting pinched or caught in something. I am more cautious now and am saving up for some proper faucets and a dedicated kegerator though.

My solution was to run a line of picture hanging wire across the front. I hang the picnic taps by their lever. No more unexpected spills, no more bending over like a sucker to find the right tap.

2 have been replaced by perlick taps. 4 to go!

My fridge had a glass shelf that had broken. The metal frame for the shelf is perfect for keeping lines where the should be, and hanging taps.

I was usually pretty good about making sure the lines were down in the bottom before I close the lid, but I got taking about beer and became a little distracted. Im just glad it wasnt a full one. This got me looking at all the keezer threads... Some really nice work by HBT members.

I had a thanksgiving situation as well, but mine was due to 35 family members kicking my first kegged beer in a matter of hours. Bye Bye Kolsch.

Back