The Keezer has entered limited operation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StunnedMonkey

Reaction score
So I've been whining about this thing. I finally got it up and running in a limited way. I don't yet have all of the ball locks for the gas, but I had a couple. Below are some pics of where it stands now.

I don't have the tubing organized yet. I'll wait until everything is in place then secure it somehow that makes sense. (Yes, I know it'd have been easier if the collar was on the lid.) The co2 bottle is on the floor of the freezer now...it wants to slide off the hump where it'll eventually sit. I need to find a way to secure that somehow. Hooks and bungees or something. Also, the tap handles seems a bit on the tall side. awfully easy to bump and open accidentally. Also no drip tray yet. Just a towel on the floor.

Those signs are tin, and I'm going to get some magnets and just put then haphazardly on the keezer. Anyway, the pics as of now. Still a bit of a work in progress.

inside.jpg

signs.jpg

taps.jpg

front.jpg

I wish I'd have had the forthought to just get the other 2 taps.

I figured...the thing holds 5 kegs, better get 5 taps. I only have two beers right now (I'm new), one just kegged today and one kegged about 10 days ago. So to fill up the space I'm picking up a pony keg from a local brewpub tomorrow and I'll transfer the beer under pressure to cornies. Need to keep those taps occupied somehow until my brewing catches up!

Why not put the CO2 on the outside? Then no worries about it sliding.

I have a wife who wouldn't stand for an exposed CO2 bottle in the room. No way to really hide it where the keezer sits. (I'm lucky I got the keezer. ;))

The CO2 bottle fits nicely on the hump, but I'd feel better if something was securing it a bit. Shouldn't be too tough to rig something up.

Can you actually get six kegs in that keezer? I mean, even if you took the CO2 out.

only 5 taps.

and yes, as long as one is short enough to sit on the hump. There is also room between the tanks to fit 6 AND a C02 Tank, but you need to get the tall slender tank. It fits in the gap between the cornies.

I think your shanks are too short for your collar ;).

I know. :eek: I was originally planning a 2 inch collar, but ended up with just a 1x4. Those are 4 inch shanks. Definitely should have gotten 3 inchers. Oh well.

Can you actually get five kegs in that keezer? I mean, even if you took the CO2 out.

Yes, 5 kegs fit fine. (See the EdWort's sticky for a pic of the layout...it's the Whirlpool 8.9 cu ft.) You can get 5 kegs, plus the co2 bottle (5#) and regulator on the hump. It'll get messy with all the tubing, but I'm going to work on getting that organized once I have everything.

Back