Apfelwein - Adding different juices?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
I guess I asked this in the wrong area since it went like two weeks with no replies???

I searched but really could only find a couple posts about cranberry, lots of posts of people adding things but not really any of folks talking about their results.

So what different juices have people added/substituted to Ed Worts recipe and what were your thoughts on the results?

I would suggest just doing it.

Get a gallon of whatever pure juice you want (no additives), scale down the 2 lbs of sugar (6.4oz?), still use a 5g pack of montrachet yeast and throw it all in a gallon jug with an airlock.

Let us know in a month or two!

:mug:

I did a batch with 1 gal. cranberry pomaranate and 4 gal apple juice. Its good but a little tart. My friend did 2 gal. welches grape frozen concentrate and 3 apple. Reminded me of grape nehi. He did the same thing but used friut punch instead of grape juice that wasn't so good.

I mixed a 1/2 gallon out of my first batch with 1/2 gallon of raspberry wine and it was very good. I just started a 2 1/2 gallon batch..... 1 gallon apple juice, 12 jars of blackberry jam and 1 1/2 gal water. OG was 1.085 so i did not add any sugar at all, the juice tasted really nice ! very sweet and tasty.

I made two 4 1/2 gallon batches:

One: 3 1/2 gallons apple juice, 1/2 gallon pineapple juice, 1/2 gallon cran/rasp juice

Two: 3 1/2 gallons apple juice, 1 gallon cran/pomegranite

Back