A memorial beer for GreenwoodRover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first time I ever changed my Avatar. Kevin's kids had bloody well better get through college, or I will give them a spanking!. ;)

I think it shows unity for our cause.

P.S. I am in for this brew too. I have a few other skills too if there are other things that need to be done.

Yup, back on topic. I think a memorial brew would be great. But we REALLY do need someone to take charge and make it official.

I'd love to take up the cause and arrange a swap, but unfortunately I am out of town every weekend this month and 3 of 4 in September including 5 days for GABF.

I just don't think I can give this the attention that it needs.

Maybe BierMuncher?

I like what you're all doing with the shields.

Here's my contribution to the project. Will take recommendations and won't be offended it completely rejected.

I don't know if it is appropriate for a memorial brew, but it was his avatar....

greenwoodRover label.jpg

I like what you're all doing with the shields.

Here's my contribution to the project. Will take recommendations and won't be offended it completely rejected.

I don't know if it is appropriate for a memorial brew, but it was his avatar....

I'd like to say I hate it, but I can't. ;)

That is what I see when his name comes up. Perfect IMO! Unless, of course someone messes with the fonts etc. A great start for sure. :)

PS Maybe a black border?

I didn't know the guy, and it may be innapropriate, but if it were me I would find some humor in a play on words about "coming for the Angels Share" added to that label.

Just a thought.

I can change fonts and add font just let me know which ones. I didn't want to go through every font in gimp and look at them so if you have a favorite, mention it.

I like the label. There's a typo in the name though; it's "Shiver Me Bitters". :)

I can change fonts and add font just let me know which ones. I didn't want to go through every font in gimp and look at them so if you have a favorite, mention it.

Nah, fonts was just an example. What I meant to say was, who can tell what brilliant idea some smartass may come up with next. ;)

I'm liking it lots. :)

That's why I used it. Really all I know about him. I was going to use the pic of him with the fish in his Groups Profile, but most of us know him as this more.

Yeah, I had thought about the fish pic too. It was great. I thought though, that as this was an HBT project rather than family based you picked the right one.

I'm liking it. I just had a thought though. If that image is the final choice, I guess we should clear it with his wife before we use it.:eek:

I don't think this is anything his wife is going to be involved with. Just Home Brewers tribute amongst ourselves. She doesn't need bothered with this petty stuff. Not petty, but Petty in respect to what her and her family is actually going through. I think the donation is as far as we should go with the family involvement.

I don't think this is anything his wife is going to be involved with. Just Home Brewers tribute amongst ourselves. She doesn't need bothered with this petty stuff. Not petty, but Petty in respect to what her and her family is actually going through. I think the donation is as far as we should go with the family involvement.

I could not agree more. They have way to much stuff going on right now.

Maybe we can get one of the online suppliers here to add this as a recipe such a brew masters warehouse. I already created a recipe on there and saved it but I can't share it cause it's not "complete" ? I'm going to use Belgian Abbey II Yeast I think

I agree absolutely. WHat I meant though, was that anything on the interwebz has a way of leaking out into the everyday lives of others. That's all.

Anyone have any good Drinking Buddies Writings for the back label?

I'd like to submit something for consideration for a back label. Of course, it would need to be judged against other entries.......And I need to get totally hammered before I write my attempt. But I'm up for that.

I guess to answer you questions - I am Kevin's wife, I do exist, and I do know that this board was an important part of his hobby. Reading your posts has let me into this part of his life. I don't know if he ever spoke of me or our boys, but I assure you, we heard quite a bit about you, and his brew board conversations. I am honored that you want to do something in his memory, in whatever way you choose - and with or without my involvement. Please handle whatever way you think is best. My contact info. is below:

Laura Dennis
[email protected]

I guess to answer you questions - I am Kevin's wife, I do exist, and I do know that this board was an important part of his hobby. Reading your posts has let me into this part of his life. I don't know if he ever spoke of me or our boys, but I assure you, we heard quite a bit about you, and his brew board conversations. I am honored that you want to do something in his memory, in whatever way you choose - and with or without my involvement. Please handle whatever way you think is best. My contact info. is below:

Laura Dennis
[email protected]

As you can see Kevin was well liked in our ranks, and will be missed.

If you haven't seen we have been doing more than just this beer....You should be getting a nice check from us at the end of the month as well. Lat I looked in just 24 hours we have come close to 1,000 dollars moved into an account here which the owner of this board will cut a check from.

My prayers are with you and yours at this time.

Back