Where do you buy your kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesepolp

Reaction score
Sadly there are no local brew stores in my area. I'm forced to buy online. I've been doing eBay. Lately I've wondered if there are other easy to use online stores. Just out of curiosity, how much do you get your kits for? My first Pale Ale kit cost me about $35. I'm now looking to buy an Imperial Stout kit. The cheapest kit I could find was $57.

Not sure if you are wanting an extract kit or an All grain kit. Northern Brewer has some really good beer ingredient kits, and they still have the $7.99 shipping. Look them up online.

+1 for Midwest. Ordered home brewing kit and Cherry Wheat recipe kit from them recently and I've got no complaints. You can also view the recipe instructions for each kit on their website which is quite helpful.

midwest brewing
morebeer.com
northwestern brew supply
austin homebrew

I've used all 4 exclusively and excellent service from all.

I look for places with flat-rate shipping, like Northern Brewer (NORTHERN BREWER), Austin Homebrew Supply (http://www.austinhomebrew.com/), and Brewmasterswarehouse (http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/). I think Midwest charges by weight, which can get a little pricey. Brewmasterswarehouse may be the answer for me - lowest shipping ($6.99 flat) and they let me order less than a pound of grain (the others have a one-pound minimum).

I recently discovered that Austin has a ton of kits replicating commercial brews. Although I have more fun putting my own ingredients together, I'm planning to try a few of their kits, like the New Belgium 1554.

Where is your area? I know of a lhbs in northern IN and indy, I haven't looked but their are probably several others.

That being said I still buy most of my stuff online.

I have ordered from midwest, austin homebrew, and brewmasters warehouse.

The fastest shipping to indiana was from midwest, although all 3 have been great to deal with

Back