Any recipe clone for Dogfish Head 120 minute?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezatnova

Reaction score
Hi all,

Did a search, which is tough when it won't let you serach for "120", and didn't find anything.

Anyway, has anyone come accross a partial mash recipe for 120 minute IPA? I'd love to give it a shot, especially at a quarter/third the price of what the real deal is retail.

Thanks

HOLY HE!L that is 1 he!L of a brew schedual. Sounds like you would tie up a fermenter for awhile.
I havent had 1 of these but I think I am going to try and find one and give it a try.
Cheers
JJ

22lb of corn sugar in that?? Wow...

There is a good article in BYO about brewing a 21% ABV all-grain beer. Even if you're not brewing AG you can still get some good info about the actual fermentation.
http://***********/feature/1556.html

22 lbs of corn sugar? That's crazy!

I'd do that hop schedule just for fun. Talk about mad scientist measuring 40 dixie cups of hops!

*chuckle*

For a 5 gallon batch:

Take 20 lbs LME
Mix in grain alcohol till you arrive at 22% alcohol
Make a hop tea of 1lb of each of the following: Simcoe, Warrior, Amarillo. Add to alcohol malt syrup.
Chill and enjoy! :D

I just had this beer for the first time last night and I feel a mighty need to brew a clone.

Brewed 1.045 pale ale in conical.

Pitched 1.097 barleywine on yeast cake last week.

This beast is going on the yeast cake from the barleywine.

Just bought a barley crusher to expedite the process.

Wish me luck.

Back