Quick fermentation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeyroadhelp

Reaction score
I made a cyser six months ago, about three months ago when I last racked it the hydrometer read .0990 and it has completly cleared out. My problem is my airlock keeps poppin I dont know if fermentation is still dragging on or it just needs to be degassed. Is this normal. Thank in advance

I made a cyser six months ago, about three months ago when I last racked it the hydrometer read .0990 and it has completly cleared out. My problem is my airlock keeps poppin I dont know if fermentation is still dragging on or it just needs to be degassed. Is this normal. Thank in advance

Hi abbeyroadhelp: If you mean your airlock is still bubbling, it could be from natural degassing due to movement of the liquid, or from temperature fluctuations; I've found that 3 gallon glass carbouys are really bad when it comes to temperature variations & pressure differentials. I had one once that kept pushing out the solid stopper I tried to keep on it. I just swirled it around, made sure that both the stopper & the inside of the carbouy neck were dry, and then stoppered it; haven't had any problems with it since. Hope you find this info useful, GF.

You are done fermenting...at .990 you can't get a lot lower. I'd rack off of the lees (If you haven't done so already) then bulk age in secondary for another 3 months, then bottle. At 1 year, you'll be right where you want to be with your Cyser.

Latest posts

Back