D Train Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Rock

Reaction score
dtrainlabel213121370fi9.png

coltraneportertc7.png

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Redid it a bit for the agave wit that I am brewing tomorrow:
D Train Brewery Mayahuel Maguey Wit
mayahuelmagueywitdt8.png

Mayahuel is the female divinity associated with the maguey plant among cultures of central Mexico in the Postclassic era of pre-Columbian Mesoamerican chronology, and in particular of the Aztec cultures. As the personification of the maguey plant, Mayahuel was also part of a complex of interrelated maternal and fertility goddesses in Aztec mythology and is also connected with notions of fecundity and nourishment.

Products extracted from the maguey plant (Agave spp.) were used extensively across highlands and southeastern Mesoamerica, with the thorns used in ritual bloodletting ceremonies and fibers extracted from the leaves worked into ropes and cloth. Perhaps the most important maguey product is the alcoholic beverage known as pulque, used prominently in many public ceremonies and on other ritual occasions. By extension, Mayahuel is often shown in contexts associated with pulque. Although some secondary sources describe her as a "pulque goddess", she remains most strongly associated with the plant as the source, rather than pulque as the end product.

Mayahuel has many breasts to feed her many children, the Centzon Totochtin (the 400 Rabbits). These are thought to be responsible for causing drunkenness. Mayahuel is the wife of Patecatl.

I really like the choice of fonts and logo. The graphic for the Mayahuel wit seems a bit horizontally stretched. Also, a wit that has maguey in it...have you ever tried Pulque? *shudder* I guess it grows on you, but it's never been my thing.

I really like that engine graphic.

The agave wit label is an awesome concept. I like the graphic on that one too. The only thing I don't like are the horizontal lines behind the Mayahuel. It makes the image a little too busy and distracting. And like Freezeblade said it looks a little stretched.

Back