Co2 Tank In Garage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tb_brewery

Reaction score
I have a upgraded to a dual Tap system for my garage kegarator, I have a 10LB CO2 tank and it will no longer fit in refigerator. Can I leave it out next to refigerator during the summer months? Wonder at what temp do they become dangerous. Live in Michigan temps do get over 100degress.

You should be fine as far as temperature goes. If the tank is sitting on concrete I would put a scrap piece of wood underneath it just to get it off the cold concrete. My garage floor always gets damp to the touch during summer time and I would want a tank to get rusty or corroded from something so easily changed. Steel tanks especially.

Your tank should have a blow valve too. If the pressure inside the tank goes beyond the valve's rated pressure it will open and let the pressure out.

tb_brewery said:
I have a upgraded to a dual Tap system for my garage kegarator, I have a 10LB CO2 tank and it will no longer fit in refigerator. Can I leave it out next to refigerator during the summer months? Wonder at what temp do they become dangerous. Live in Michigan temps do get over 100degress.
Thanks for the responses, It does have a blow valve but wife is looking for a number. I was hoping someone had a web site with specs for these tanks.:cross:

No way will there be a problem.

All kinds of gasses are trucked on flatbed trucks in 110°+ weather out here. I bet the surface temperature on the outside is 150° easily.

All propane tanks are stored outside in the hot sun and those are way more flammable and more cheaply made.

Back