What to make with Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would do well with any British pale ale. ESB, Best or regular bitter. I also made an American Amber, hop bursted w/ citra, and it was really good. It is actually rising up my chart of favorite British yeast.

I used it in an American Brown, a slightly modified SN Tumbler clone, that scored a 41 at NHC first round. I really enjoy its profile in maltier beers.

That's my favorite yeast to use for English Brown ales (especially a nice low gravity Southern brown). It's pretty good on English styled Pales and IPA's as well.

I don't like it as much with American styles as the esters from it tend to clash on my palette with the juicy citrusy/piney/resiny American hops.

That's my favorite yeast to use for English Brown ales (especially a nice low gravity Southern brown). It's pretty good on English styled Pales and IPA's as well.

I don't like it as much with American styles as the esters from it tend to clash on my palette with the juicy citrusy/piney/resiny American hops.

Perfect, I think I will am going with an English Brown Ale. Has any one used in a Blonde Ale, such as a SKA True Blonde Clone?

I have some Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley sitting around. Any ideas what to make with it?
I just kegged a batch of Burton Ale using 1275. Waiting for it to keg condition a few more days before putting it in my kegerator.
I think an ESB or Nut Brown Ale would make good choices, too.

One of my favorite yeasts in all american ales. It accentuates the malts nicely while letting the hops shine too. More malty than Chico in a nice subtle way

Back