Fermentation issues...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathtractor

Reaction score
Brewed a dark ale and pitched a wyeast London ale smackpack @ 70 degrees...nothing is going on at all... It's been 2 days now and am really starting to worry... The og was 1.046... Has anyone ever encountered this?

Every fermentation is a little different. Relax. Give it another day or two and check the gravity of your wort. If it is still at your OG, it may be stuck and you may need to repitch. Odds are, though, that your yeast is just a little slow going.

I've brewed about 20 batches and have never experienced this before... Just kinda freaked and hopping I didn't f something up

You really need to use your hydrometer. I use my refractometer to check on how my fermentations are going because it uses such a small sample. I know its not as accurate, even with the correction, but I take my final gravity reading with a hydrometer while kegging.

Back